Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4s Repair 230 Euro

Options
  • 05-12-2012 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Recently my iphone has been overheating frequently and as a result the battery had been running out really quickly.

I went to the meteor store and they in turn sent it back to apple who have come back and said that it is due to 'water-damage' and thus isnt covered by warranty and will cost 230 euro to fix.

Now I may have put my phone down on a wet table or it may have gotten wet when ive been on the phone in the rain but not in the last couple of months and this problem only started in the last couple of weeks, so im not convinced it is water damage.

Is there anyway of proving this, or has anyone had a similar experience in the past?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

If it is gone to Apple, ask for Apple to forward pictures of the water damage indicators, insist that apple send pics directly to you. Also apple have an out of warranty repair max €179 if I remember correctly including minor water damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭guil

Out of warranty repair on a 4s is 211 I think. Are you sure meteor sent it to apple and not one of the repair companies

• Registered Users Posts: 5 johno77

Ill call back now and find out. Thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

guil wrote: »
    Out of warranty repair on a 4s is 211 I think. Are you sure meteor sent it to apple and not one of the repair companies

Yup you are correct the 4S is 211,

From Apple

Out-of-Warranty Service
    If you own an iPhone that is ineligible for warranty service but is eligible for Out-of-Warranty (OOW) Service, Apple will service your iPhone for the Out-of-Warranty Service Fee listed below.

iPhone Model Out-of-Warranty Service
    iPhone 5 €241.30
    iPhone 4S €211.30
    iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS,
    iPhone 3G, Original iPhone €161.30
    The Out-of-Warranty Service Fee includes a €12.30 shipping fee, which applies only if service is arranged through Apple and requires shipping. All fees are in euros and include VAT.
    iPhone Out-of-Warranty Service may also be available from your wireless carrier. Pricing may vary.

When setting up out-of-warranty service, Apple will request credit card pre-authorisation for the maximum service fee listed above. This amount will be deducted from your credit limit. The final service fee we charge will be determined during testing and may be less than the service fee listed above.

Certain damage is ineligible for out-of-warranty service, including catastrophic damage, such as the device separating into multiple pieces, and inoperability caused by unauthorized modifications. However, an iPhone that has failed due to contact with liquid may be eligible for out-of-warranty service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 johno77

Couldnt get through to meteor so ill try again in the morning but since this happened ive already heard from a friend of a friend who had the exact same experience recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

johno77 wrote: »
    Couldnt get through to meteor so ill try again in the morning but since this happened ive already heard from a friend of a friend who had the exact same experience recently.
    Through Meteor? Get the iPhone back from them and set up a repair yourself with apple.ie and take it from there then.

Advertisement