Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Dub city centre

Options
  • 05-12-2012 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Hey all heading up to Dublin for a gig in a weeks time and staying in a hotel on Abbey st that has no inhouse parking, can anyone recommend some safe overnight parking places and also a nice place to eat, anywhere between Anney St and the O2? Thanks a milllion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Irish Life Car Park on Abbey Street would probably be closest. It closes at 12 midnight and reopens at 7am so no access to your vehicle during the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Clery's QPark on Marlborough Street is a good bet

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭burstbuckle

Moore lane off Parnell St,used it a few times,found it the cheapest.Locked up at night & you get 24 hours for 12euro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Another option is to leave the car at the Red Cow Luas Park and Ride, and take the Luas directly to Abbey St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Where are you travelling from?

If possible then I'd leave the car at home and get the train.
    It's usually cheaper and easier considering the cost of fuel, parking and all round nuisance.
    The Luas serves Heuston and Connolly as well as Abbey St and The O2.
    I'm up there regularly for the O2 and unless absolutely necessary then I leave the car at home.
    Train tickets can be booked in advance at a cheaper rate and even if it works out the same it's ultimately less hassle on the train.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The MV Cill Airne on the quays towards the O2 does great food and a good value pre-theatre. You will need to book

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

He's flying in from Oz that morning and hiring a car while home so dont have the option of leaving it at home! The hotel have emailed me to tell me there is parking across the road from the hotel but no name of the place! I am waiting for a response from them to get the name of the carpark, as he's coming from airport side i need to get directions as were not good with driving in Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I can only think of two hotels on Abbey Street, Wynns and the one on the corner of Liffey Street. If its Wynns, then the car park is probably the Irish Life. If its the other one, then its probably Arnotts or Jervis they're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

MonicaBing wrote: »
    I am waiting for a response from them to get the name of the carpark, as he's coming from airport side i need to get directions as were not good with driving in Dublin!

I'd honestly go with the Red Cow park and ride in that case, unless you desperately want the car in the city. From the airport it's straight down the M50 to the Red Cow, plenty of parking, and a lot cheaper than most city centre car parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Alas its The Abbey hotel were staying in, couldnt get better at such short notice.
    Thanks but as i said he's flying in from Oz grabbing the car hire so the last thing he wants to know is navigate traffic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement