Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permenantly Banned from Golf forum by GreeBo

Options
  • 05-12-2012 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I have been permanently banned from golf forum by Greebo. This person claims im advertising my company in the "stuff for sale" thread on the golf forum. I have sent this person a PM but havent received a response since the permanent ban. I have only been posting links to ads i have placed on adverts for unwanted golf items i have and want to sell on. I dont have a company of any description and feel this permanent ban is totally unwarranted.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Please be advised that the 1st step in the DR process is to exchange PMs with the mod to see if it can be resolved. If after this exchange it is not resolved, please contact me by posting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 u_i_g_b

Hi Black_Swan... As i said i have sent a pm to GreeBo and have failed to get a response.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

u_i_g_b wrote: »
    Hi Black_Swan... As i said i have sent a pm to GreeBo and have failed to get a response.
    Please be advised that I will inquire with mod GreeBo regarding this issue. As we are volunteers with outside commitments, your patience will be appreciated.

POSTING BACKGROUND

Please be advised that I have reviewed all the u_i_g_b posts on boards since the join date of 18 April 2011. Excluding the 2 DR posts here, there were 30 posts on boards, all of which were in the Golf forum.

Of the 30 u_i_g_b Golf posts, 28 occurred in the one "Golf Stuff for Sale" thread, and all 28 pertained to the sale of golf balls by u_i_g_b. The remaining 2 posts that occurred outside of this thread were also for golf ball sales.

Since no discussions of Golf as a sport were found in the 30 posts by u_i_g_b, only posts that pertained to the sale of golf balls by u_i_g_b, it appears safe to assume that the purpose of u_i_g_b for joining boards was to sell golf balls on the Golf forum.

TWO GOLF FORUM BANS

A 2-week ban had been issued by mod GreeBo on 26 July 2012 to stop u_i_g_b from continuing to make golf ball sale posts on the Golf forum. Whether such posts were for "Company" sales, or self-sales was a moot point, given that all posting by u_i_g_b was for golf ball sales, and nothing else.

u_i_g_b did not post again until 14 November 2012, followed by a 4 December 2012 post, both of which were golf ball sale posts; i.e., u_i_g_b resumed posting for the sale of golf balls, ignoring the purpose of the earlier 2-week ban.

Following the recent 2nd golf sale violating post, mod GreeBo permanently banned u_i_g_b for failure to follow mod instructions stating that "You were warned before about just posting to advertise your company."

CONCLUSIONS

The primary purpose, spirit, and intent of the Golf forum was to discuss issues that pertain to the sport of golf, not for the sole purpose of selling golf balls to our community of posters by u_i_g_b. Given that the 2-week ban served to warn u_i_g_b that his golf sales posts were not to be continued, and he ignored it, I find no compelling evidence to overturn the permanent Golf ban.

It is highly recommended that if u_i_g_b wishes to post on boards for the sole purpose of selling golf balls or other equipment, he seek obtaining verified representative status from the boards Administration.

The Sports Cmod review has been completed. Member u_i_g_b has 2 choices at this point in the dispute resolution process: (1) He may move on, and request the closure of this thread; or (2) he may ask for an Admin Review.

Please advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Since u_i_g_b has not replied to this thread I am marking the thread resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement