Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Apps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

We've been in talks with Google for the last year about this - the API was the key bit that was missing.. I'll raise this with our Google contacts again

Thanks

Michele

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭user_name_d

Hi - Any update on this?

We're considering moving mail over to Google Apps as our team is growing here.

Is it easy to do if we have mail and hosting with Blacknight already?

Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

It's very easy to do manually, just requires a few steps and some IT knowledge to make sure everything is done in the right order, etc.

Thanks thesteve - Would you happen to have a link or know where i'd pick up a guide on how to do this?

Have carried out a quick google but keeping coming back to boards as its not outlined in either parties site that clearly (well as far as I can see anyway!)

Cheers,
    j

What are you migrating from, just mail hosting from blacknight? How many users are you talking about and how much mail?

There's a lot of info available here;
    http://deployment.googleapps.com/

Basically you can setup the Google Apps accounts and start receiving mail in them easily enough, there's even some stuff online on how to do that with blacknight specifically;
    http://deadlyfingers.wordpress.com/2012/09/29/setting-up-google-apps-email-on-blacknight-ie/

But then you have to migrate all your old stuff. That can be done in a number of ways, some listed here;
    http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=57920

Depending on how much mail you have and how many people, moving the old stuff can be very simple!

• Advertisement

Hey - Thats great info. Thanks!

Just been through the setup video and looks straightforward. There are less than 10 of us here so I dont think migration should be too difficult.

Just one last question you might be able to help with. Users? Google sayz "We consider a user to be the same as the number of distinct email inboxes you need. "

So am I right in thinking in our company of 8 people we need 8 user accounts?
    ie

employee1@companyA.com
    employee2@companyA.com
    employee3@companyA.com ... an so on...

Google just bumped out the free for less than 10 users which sucks as it looks like this would be costing us $400 a year.... :(

Or am I reading this wrong?

Yup, spot on, one user account per individual. And yeah, they only recently cancelled the free version :/

Advertisement