Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The once mighty Dutch league?

Comments

That €100 million only exists once. They won't get more money for winning the Dutch league by more, and would only get a couple of million for each extra round in the Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Just won 9-0 in the cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

8-10 wrote: »
    Just won 9-0 in the cup

Arek Milik scored 6 goals too. Thats unbelievable no matter what level its at. He seems like a very good player. Scored 2 goals the weekend before last in the league too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

On the other hand Feyenoord got knocked out by Go Ahead Eagles. Rutten is a joke :mad:

spiralism wrote: »
    On the other hand Feyenoord got knocked out by Go Ahead Eagles. Rutten is a joke :mad:

Yeh Feyenoord have had an awful start to the season. To lose De Klassieker last Sunday after dominating completely must have been a bitter blow. With the team they have its still pretty decent although lacking in a few areas, they should be doing better.

• Advertisement

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Yeh Feyenoord have had an awful start to the season. To lose De Klassieker last Sunday after dominating completely must have been a bitter blow. With the team they have its still pretty decent although lacking in a few areas, they should be doing better.

Still haven't won at home. Lost to Willem II a couple of weeks ago who hadn't won away from home in 3 years or something crazy! (Can't seem to find the stat but 48 away games without a win in a row is stuck in my head)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Only thing Feyenoord is showing at the moment is the importance of a 20+ goals a season striker
    Goals they conceded last night were unlucky (1st had a horrible deflection) and the 2nd was a great free kick, as was the goal Ajax scored.

Should/could have scored at least 8 goals in those 2 matches themselves.

Match against Willem II was one of those every club has every now and then, nothing went right.
    At home against Utrecht, it should have been 4-0 at HT, instead Utrecht equalised at the whistle for HT and went on to win.

Apart from against Willem II, they dont play bad. They just dont score despite having all those chances.

Rutten, hopefully, will be ****ed out soon. Not that he is to blame the forwards dont score, he just doesnt do it for me. Will not bring the club anything.
    Was already terribly disappointed they came up with him as a replacement for Koeman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Read somewhere recently that their top players are on approx 10k a week. mental to think they could compete at e top level/.

Feyenoord and Ajax, probably a few others, installed a capped salary scale a few years ago.
    Max at both is set a €500.000 a year.

Obviously there will be exceptions made for players who will more than likely not stay their entire career in Holland and will move abroad.

inforfun wrote: »
    Only thing Feyenoord is showing at the moment is the importance of a 20+ goals a season striker
    Goals they conceded last night were unlucky (1st had a horrible deflection) and the 2nd was a great free kick, as was the goal Ajax scored.

Should/could have scored at least 8 goals in those 2 matches themselves.

Match against Willem II was one of those every club has every now and then, nothing went right.
    At home against Utrecht, it should have been 4-0 at HT, instead Utrecht equalised at the whistle for HT and went on to win.

Apart from against Willem II, they dont play bad. They just dont score despite having all those chances.

Rutten, hopefully, will be ****ed out soon. Not that he is to blame the forwards dont score, he just doesnt do it for me. Will not bring the club anything.
    Was already terribly disappointed they came up with him as a replacement for Koeman.

Was at all those home games and while Ajax was a desperately unlucky result (could and should have been a 4-1 win if there was any fairness in football), the Willem game was abject and you're neglecting the second half against Utrecht which was utterly dreadful. Willem were at least having a very good day when they won but Utrecht didn't look any good at all and would have lost 5-0 to last years team playing like that.

You're right there, i was reading somewhere that Feyenoord actually lead the league in chances created and give away the fewest, yet can't score and ship at least one cheap goal a game. Imo though the early season goal jitters were down to no Kazim-Richards, now he's getting playing time he'll hopefully start banging them in. Te Vrede may have a few goals but in all honesty he's not great.

The club needed someone to take them forward with all the good work Koeman did, not a bland old man with a Twentish accent and ugly hoofball as his blueprint. No track record of success, which is irritating, the club needed to get the hire right because of money issues. The only positive with him is he has a good track record with youth and even already Manu has really taken strides forward. Hopefully if/when he's gone there's a ready made replacement right there and Van Bronckhorst takes the reins.

It's really irritating though, Ajax and PSV don't look unbeatable and Feyenoord have a squad good enough to compete with either, imo if Koeman was still there they'd become champions.

• Advertisement

Was at all those home games and while Ajax was a desperately unlucky result (could and should have been a 4-1 win if there was any fairness in football), the Willem game was abject and you're neglecting the second half against Utrecht which was utterly dreadful. Willem were at least having a very good day when they won but Utrecht didn't look any good at all and would have lost 5-0 to last years team playing like that.

You're right there, i was reading somewhere that Feyenoord actually lead the league in chances created and give away the fewest, yet can't score and ship at least one cheap goal a game. Imo though the early season goal jitters were down to no Kazim-Richards, now he's getting playing time he'll hopefully start banging them in. Te Vrede may have a few goals but in all honesty he's not great.

The club needed someone to take them forward with all the good work Koeman did, not a bland old man with a Twentish accent and ugly hoofball as his blueprint. No track record of success, which is irritating, the club needed to get the hire right because of money issues. The only positive with him is he has a good track record with youth and even already Manu has really taken strides forward. Hopefully if/when he's gone there's a ready made replacement right there and Van Bronckhorst takes the reins.

It's really irritating though, Ajax and PSV don't look unbeatable and Feyenoord have a squad good enough to compete with either, imo if Koeman was still there they'd become champions.

The lack of a 20 goal a season striker has been really costly for Feyenoord this season. I saw the Ajax game and its really a miracle how Ajax and even a draw for them would have been very harsh on Feyenoord. De Boer even said it was the worst he'd ever seen his team play. Although I have to say its very nice to see Graziano Pelle doing so well at Southampton. Kazim Richards is a very good player I think and Ive always liked him but one thing he has never been is a prolific goalscorer although perhaps much of that has been down to the fact that he has been used mainly as a winger at many of his previous clubs. Other than for the lack of a goalscorer I think Feyenoord have a pretty good squad and havent bought too badly considering the calibre of players that left over the summer. Those new signings together with youngsters like Kongolo, Van Beek, Boetius, Vilhena and you have a pretty good side. Keeping Jordy Clasie was crucial too. Elvis Manu has also come into his own this season and looks a fine player. Khalid Boulahrouz has pedigree at top clubs and International level and will turn out to be a good player once he returns from Injury. Luke Wilkshire is not an inspiring signing but is a decent utility player and does his job effectively. I like the look of Jens Toornstra from what I have seen of him.

I agree that Fred Rutten is out of his depth and you would hope that he wont be there for too long.

I hope that Feyenoord can make some sort of impression on the Europa League group cos theres a decent team there capable of it just lacking the goals. However I did see the Sevilla game and thought the team struggled for creativity for much of the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Good chance tonight to have a look at Cillian Sheridan, there have been a few calling for an international call up for him

He looks a bit strong lad, fine big beard too

That game has made me realise just how poor Kolbeinn Sigthorsson is whether he scored 3 at the weekend or not. Should have taken the money from QPR during the summer and ran. Probably would have won the game if there was a decent striker there like Arek Milik who wasnt used at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Should have won anyways, the penalty was a seriously dodgy call

But true, it's no good dominating a match when you cannot finish the chances created

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Gonna go out on a limb here and ask if you think it would be possible to get Ajax match tickets for this Saturday's game without a membership card, either online, via phone or at the gate?

See there is a few people here who have the Eredivisie knowledge so would greatly appreciate the help.

Will have a look for you but certainly at the "high" risk clubs/matches you need a supporters club card. Not exactly a season ticket but more for registration. it allows you to buy a ticket.

OqwJIPC.jpg

That (s)CC > Ja is indeed your problem.
    It is that card i mentioned and it is required for this match.

Will have a look for you but certainly at the "high" risk clubs/matches you need a supporters club card. Not exactly a season ticket but more for registration. it allows you to buy a ticket.

OqwJIPC.jpg

That (s)CC > Ja is indeed your problem.
    It is that card i mentioned and it is required for this match.
    As far as I know they cost like 6 euro (which is fine enough) but they take 2 weeks to process (which isn't)

CSF wrote: »
    As far as I know they cost like 6 euro (which is fine enough) but they take 2 weeks to process (which isn't)

I wouldnt know what they cost or how long it takes.
    Always end up in the business seats a mate of mine has in the Feyenoord Stadium and dont need one for that.

I wouldnt know what they cost or how long it takes.
    Always end up in the business seats a mate of mine has in the Feyenoord Stadium and dont need one for that.
    Cool, cheers for the help either way. Was hoping they'd sell at the gate as long as I had passport with me

Cool, cheers for the help either way. Was hoping they'd sell at the gate as long as I had passport with me

No bother.

If you around there, you can always give it a go.
    A club that at 1 point had an entrance fee for their open day doesn't turn away a paying customer in general.

And in case you ever want to go again, here you can get clubcards, lots of clubs send them on for free. Pick a club that no one hates and have no bad fans and you can use it for any stadium in Holland. Willem II might be a good shout. Apart from when they play NAC.

• Advertisement

No bother.

If you around there, you can always give it a go.
    A club that at 1 point had an entrance fee for their open day doesn't turn away a paying customer in general.

And in case you ever want to go again, here you can get clubcards, lots of clubs send them on for free. Pick a club that no one hates and have no bad fans and you can use it for any stadium in Holland. Willem II might be a good shout. Apart from when they play NAC.
    Am I likely to meet the clubcard issue at Eredivisie clubs in general? Considering going to see AZ if this doesn't pan out.

That clubcard link in my last post has AZ down as "bijna altijd" which means almost always.
    As for the others: Soms = sometimes, regelmatig = regular, bijna nooit = almost never.

You can be sure if Feyenoord, Ajax, Utrecht or ADO are in town, you ll need one.

On the AZ website they only mention Ajax and Feyenoord as home matches where you definitely need one.

So i just gave them a call (AZ) asking if you would need a clubcard.
    I was advised that you should sent them an email on klantenservice@az.nl and they can sort you out for saturday, most likely.

AZ - Groningen probably more entertaining than Ajax - GA Eagles anyway

That clubcard link in my last post has AZ down as "bijna altijd" which means almost always.
    As for the others: Soms = sometimes, regelmatig = regular, bijna nooit = almost never.

You can be sure if Feyenoord, Ajax, Utrecht or ADO are in town, you ll need one.

On the AZ website they only mention Ajax and Feyenoord as home matches where you definitely need one.

So i just gave them a call (AZ) asking if you would need a clubcard.
    I was advised that you should sent them an email on klantenservice@az.nl and they can sort you out for saturday, most likely.

AZ - Groningen probably more entertaining than Ajax - GA Eagles anyway
    Have been in touch with AZ who said they can sort me out if I come to the gate with my ID. Would prefer Ajax nonetheless to avoid the journey

Cant help you with contacting Ajax i am afraid.

First of all for obvious reasons :D but they only have an phonenumber i cant dial from Ireland and an email submission form.

Problem with them is that they have the most restrictive rules from all clubs in Holland, not even their choice, mostly the city putting those rules upon them.

First of all for obvious reasons :D but they only have an phonenumber i cant dial from Ireland and an email submission form.

Problem with them is that they have the most restrictive rules from all clubs in Holland, not even their choice, mostly the city putting those rules upon them.
    Yeah I'm in correspondence with them at the moment, the only thing available is a package for foreign fans for 71 euro which I don't think I'm willing to pay

Think they have restrictive rules for a reason. Their hardcore fringe are the amsterdammer type that hate non-locals and they kick off quite a lot. Quite a bit more than Feyenoord too, even though Feyenoord have the reputation.

Basically, if you're travelling, just go to Feyenoord. Easier to get tickets, cheaper and much better craic :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Yeah I'm in correspondence with them at the moment, the only thing available is a package for foreign fans for 71 euro which I don't think I'm willing to pay

Did the package for foreign fans a few years back with my now wife.
    Stadium tour + entrance to the museum + lunch over in their academy + tickets to a game. Had a great day. Suarez was on fire!

Think they have restrictive rules for a reason. Their hardcore fringe are the amsterdammer type that hate non-locals and they kick off quite a lot. Quite a bit more than Feyenoord too, even though Feyenoord have the reputation.

Basically, if you're travelling, just go to Feyenoord. Easier to get tickets, cheaper and much better craic :D

You wouldnt be able to find me dead in Amsterdam. ;)
    Already get a rash when i am at Schiphol.

Not too sure about getting tickets easy for the Feyenoord stadium on match day. Also depends on who they are playing.

Did the package for foreign fans a few years back with my now wife.
    Stadium tour + entrance to the museum + lunch over in their academy + tickets to a game. Had a great day. Suarez was on fire!

Moaned enough that I ended up getting normal priced tickets, decent enough game, Milik looked very impressive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Of all my travels to matches around Europe over the years, Ajax v Feyenoord at the ArenA was the only game I couldn't get a touted ticket for outside, and ending up not getting in.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Of all my travels to matches around Europe over the years, Ajax v Feyenoord at the ArenA was the only game I couldn't get a touted ticket for outside, and ending up not getting in.

Dont know when you went there but that match has been restricted for home fans only for 5 years now.
    Same for Feyenoord - Ajax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Think it would have been about 8 or so years ago.

There was definitely Feyenoord fans at it, cos I sent them getting escorted off the train near the ground and walking down a covered tunnel to the stadium.

You wouldnt be able to find me dead in Amsterdam. ;)
    Already get a rash when i am at Schiphol.

Not too sure about getting tickets easy for the Feyenoord stadium on match day. Also depends on who they are playing.

I love it here, i just don't like the team and i like pissing off people i know when i tell them i often make the trip an hour south. :)

Just make an account online and buy them off that. Simple. There's the clubcard restriction sometimes but i've seen it lifted after a period with some fixtures when they want to sell the last few. Each game i've got them handy enough (though Ajax required getting them the morning they went on sale)

I love it here, i just don't like the team and i like pissing off people i know when i tell them i often make the trip an hour south. :)

Just make an account online and buy them off that. Simple. There's the clubcard restriction sometimes but i've seen it lifted after a period with some fixtures when they want to sell the last few. Each game i've got them handy enough (though Ajax required getting them the morning they went on sale)

I am never worried about tickets when i am in Holland.
    Have a friend with 4 seats in one of the special area's, former "Eretribune".
    Just a pain in the ass when they play away when i am there because when Feyenoord comes to visit stadiums turn into the equivalent of fort knox

Just wondering did any of ye ever buy anything off of the Ajax online Club store and what way does the shipping work, can you track the package or what?

• Advertisement

So..... Sunday 12.30 GMT it is time again for:

Ajax - Feyenoord

Laughing 3rd will be PSV unfortunately

Score so far:
    Frank de Boer received 1200 anonymous calls after someone had posted his phone number on twitter
    And the Ajax supporters home has been burned to the ground.

And then people ask me why there are no away supporters at de Klassieker

Between that and last year's incident at the cup final, yeah they're not lifting that ban any time soon, if ever.

Can expect Varkenoord to face a tit for tat petrol bomb attack now too, and that's also the player's canteen.

Also, when ADO did the same thing ten years ago in retaliation Ajax hooligans attacked kids, stabbed people and tried to set someone on fire.

So..... Sunday 12.30 GMT it is time again for:

Think it's 12:30 CET so 11:30 GMT

8-10 wrote: »
    Think it's 12:30 CET so 11:30 GMT
    Yes you are right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw6ANKrkNlo

Last training for the match for Feyenoord.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Going by what I just saw it won't be long before you see the once mighty AC Milan thread....utter shambles on & off the pitch
    :(

• Advertisement

Lucky to get out with a draw

0-0

Only the 2nd time a 0-0 was the result of these 2 playing each other since 1922
    Feyenoord deserved the win, just like they deserved to win at home.

That is 4 points robbed by Ajax this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭weisses

Up to the next classic

NAC - Willem II :D

If Feyenoord had signed a striker back in the summer, there'd be a very real title push on. It's the best all around team in the league and performs well in big games but has nothing up front.

Specifically, passing on Guidetti was a big mistake, he actually phoned players asking for them to put in a word with Rutten and the board to bring him back.

Guidetti was just way to risky for a club that had €35 million debt not that long ago and is now debt free.
    Putting €5 million on the table for him plus a salary that wasnt going to be just a few euro either was too much of an investment in a player who basically has been injured for 2 years.
    Certainly looking at the kind of injury he had.

I would have loved it if he had been back but i can fully understand why it didnt happen.

Yes, they should have done better than Kazim Richards although he is really important for the way they are playing.
    But it is too much of a step down after Guidetti and Pelle.
    Even tough they were both looked at with big WTF eyes as well when they were brought in.
    Worked out rather well though.

Kazim isnt bad at all in fairness, he's quite a good forward but he's no striker, that's the issue. If we'd somehow held on to pelle, this team would win the title. Player for player it's a ****ing mile better than Ajax and on par with PSV (yet they've taken a total of 1 point off them in 3 games this year), it's just not being able to finish off good play at all.

Issue is now that Clasie will just leave in the summer and it's back to square one. Least the club is debt free, but man is it frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Guidetti was just way to risky for a club that had €35 million debt not that long ago and is now debt free.
    Putting €5 million on the table for him plus a salary that wasnt going to be just a few euro either was too much of an investment in a player who basically has been injured for 2 years.
    Certainly looking at the kind of injury he had.

I would have loved it if he had been back but i can fully understand why it didnt happen.

Yes, they should have done better than Kazim Richards although he is really important for the way they are playing.
    But it is too much of a step down after Guidetti and Pelle.
    Even tough they were both looked at with big WTF eyes as well when they were brought in.
    Worked out rather well though.

Guidetti was on fire for Celtic in the first 3 months but his form has fallen off a cliff in recent times. Coincidentally, it dropped around the speculation about his future started. The hype went to his head a little bit or maybe a lingering fitness issue

Dempsey wrote: »
    Guidetti was on fire for Celtic in the first 3 months but his form has fallen off a cliff in recent times. Coincidentally, it dropped around the speculation about his future started. The hype went to his head a little bit or maybe a lingering fitness issue

Interesting, as i'd heard that was the reason we didn't try to re-sign him. Was under the impression he was still in player of the year form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Interesting, as i'd heard that was the reason we didn't try to re-sign him. Was under the impression he was still in player of the year form

Nearly 2 months without a goal at the moment. Recently dropped for a few games. He was back in the team on Saturday but you'd have to be reminded at times that he was out on the field, albeit it was a terrible team performance aswell.

He's targeted a hattrick against Rangers next weekend. He should settle with being lucky to have a place on the bench tbh.

Saw him mid july in a friendly vs Dundee for City.
    The way he moved over the pitch... it just didnt look right.

That piece of out of date chicken he had in April 2012, has cost him dear.

Still.... if it wasnt for him and Koeman, Feyenoord might not even have existed anymore.
    So forever a Feyenoord legend imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement