Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Open XML file cannot be opened

Options
  • 05-12-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭

So when I try and open a certain file on Microsoft Word for Mac i am getting this
    ScreenShot2012-12-05at190334.png
    Can anyone help me with this, it is an important document and unfortunately I have no backup

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

In case its an issue with Mac word, try converting it to a .doc online using something like this. It could also be the file is corrupt

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I think it's more to do with the individual file cause it's the same on a windows computer in college.

I had it open yesterday and then today when I went to open the file today it just wouldn't open.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    I think it's more to do with the individual file cause it's the same on a windows computer in college.

The file is corrupted more than likely so. What size is the file out of interest? Some of the data may still be there, you could try something like this and see if it recovers the file contents, heres another thing you could try but on a Windows pc with office installed (not sure if Mac office has this feature)

Nick

The file is only 53kb, I have been able to recover some of the content through NotePad, however, the only important part that I really need is not there, I'll have a look at those links, I've a windows computer so I'll have a look at that too.

Thanks

Was able to find it using the first link, thanks for the help, really appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

I'm using LibreOffice when MS Office cannot read it's own files...

Advertisement