Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Spartak Moscow match thread (RTE 2)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

cgpg5 wrote: »

I'm sure United fans preferred choice would be Celtic. Complacency could come into play. There'd be zero pressure on Celtic and it would be some occasion. Have beaten them recently too in Europe, although that was a better Celtic side tbf. As I said, psychologically I think they'd be that bit more up for it v Man U. And also, a loss wouldn't be that hard to take unlike v Schalke

Not too mention, United have come through an easy group and haven't really been tested yet. they were knocked out in the groups last year

Yeah but in fairness Barca would have gone all out tonight probably in that case

That's probably true enough played a weakened team tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Celtic mightn't be the best footballing side in the world but noticed tonight and against Barca at home, the two games I've seen them in, the level of workrate and desire they have. It's second to none. Lads giving everything for the cause, it's very admirable.

A lot of the so called bigger teams could certainly learn a thing or two.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

I think Juventus are criminally under rated on this forum to be honest. Look at how they systematically trashed Chelsea without getting into second gear. They're a very difficult team to break down, far more difficult than United in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Higher wrote: »
    I think Juventus are criminally under rated on this forum to be honest. Look at how they systematically trashed Chelsea without getting into second gear. They're a very difficult team to break down, far more difficult than United in my opinion.

They have Nicklaus Bendtner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

They have Nicklaus Bendtner

Who doesn't play more than 10/15 mins every second game for them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

cgpg5 wrote: »
    A lot of the so called bigger teams could certainly learn a thing or two.

Man City being a good example. Disgraceful attitude from start to finish in their CL campaign from any of the bits I saw. Last night especially, you could tell they had absolutely zero interest in Europa League qualification.

It's amazing to see such a group of talented players not being able to play like a team, and then see our own lads - clearly not as talented as most other teams in the CL - but playing with such passion and belief in each other that they can navigate their way (as fourth seeds) to 10 points in a group with Barca, Benfica and Spartak.

Who doesn't play more than 10/15 mins every second game for them.

That's 10/15 mins too long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Ares wrote: »
    Xavi6 in his infinite wisdom told us this pearl after the first Barca game.

Not a bad result, getting throught the group, for a 'supposedly' bad side in European terms.

If Celtic, previous winners of the competition, can get through the group while being a bad European side, I wonder what we should classify winless in Europe Manchester city as.

Well said. I'm sure we'll get told Celtic got lucky while City got unlucky though. Despite the fact Celtic won 3 of their games, and didn't lose by any more than a single goal. Sure it has to be luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Great to have three British teams through. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

donfers wrote: »
    no matter who celtic draw in the enxt round, we'll have the usual "experts" saying they're going to get destroyed - the same experts who said barcelona would put double figures on them etc.

I think this Celtic team play better in contain mode rather than having to take the initiative so we'll see

and as jelle will testify to - whenever you expect celtic to get battered they don't

And who would these be? Lazy lazy post:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Might be an exaggertion, wouldn't call it a lazy post. Celtic were utterly written off, both on here and elsewhere, before both of those matches.

You mustn't have been on here before the Barcelona game! Nothing lazy about it, I'm glad he didn't name names, we've been through all that already

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I don't see what's so bad about those posts.

Did anyone really believe Celtic would for example nearly get a draw at the Camp Nou and even win at home ?

I'm sure even their own fans were surprised by this.

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Did anyone really believe Celtic would for example nearly get a draw at the Camp Nou and even win at home ?

Did anyone really believe Celtic would get beaten by double figures?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Believing ? Maybe hoping :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Believing ? Maybe hoping :p

You're honest, I'll give you that! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Fair comment, but obviously we had more faith than 'neutrals', and I'm not even talking about blind faith so much as just an informed opinion.

It was probably the same for you, constantly having to put up with ignorant gobshítes sneering at Scottish football and dismissing your club. The thing is, while there have been times where we have been rubbish e.g. the Mowbray era and, no offence, Rangers for the last 4 or 5 years, these people were saying the same thing when we were very good anyway.

Scottish football is rubbish. Celtic aren't. Some people have a hard time getting their heads around that. If anything the fact we are able to compete at the highest level in spite of plying our trade against "rubbish" opposition and with even less financial investment should be even more impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Being honest, absolutely not. I genuinely feared we would struggle and even end up pointless. However conceding double figures? Never going to happen

Advertisement