Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free alternatives to Actual Window Manager?

Options
  • 05-12-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭

I've been using AWM for a little while now and it has the tools I need for managing a second desktop. It provides a fully featured taskbar with start button on 2nd monitor as well as the ability to open windows on the screen containing the mouse pointer.

Before I put money down to continue using it, I thought it would be worthwhile to ask whether there are any free/open source alternatives that can do what I require of AWM that are on the net or even tools native to Win7 itself that I'm overlooking? Tools like Actual Multiple Monitors, UltraMon and Display Fusion don't offer what I need, or at least I can't see the options to provide the specific functionality mentioned above. Any suggestions?

Advertisement