Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7" - €189 10.1 €285 (white) and €309 (silver)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭odddavey

very good price especially with the 30 euro back and sd card.
    160 including the discount
    but the bad news only mahon has one left. available to order but wouldn't trust them honouring it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

odddavey wrote: »
    very good price especially with the 30 euro back and sd card.
    160 including the discount
    but the bad news only mahon has one left. available to order but wouldn't trust them honouring it.

I got the white 10.1 this morning, i'm guessing your going for the 7, it says down at the end of the link valid until 11/12/2012 so if you order it in your local argos make sure the delivery date is before then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Probably asked a million times before but what's this tablet like if all I want to use it for is surf the web, watch videos and read comics/books? I was thinking of going for the Nexus 7 since don't want to pay too much, but also want some quality. And if could get a 10" for around the same price as a Nexus 7, I may be interested.

Dj wrote: »

I got the white 10.1 this morning, i'm guessing your going for the 7, it says down at the end of the link valid until 11/12/2012 so if you order it in your local argos make sure the delivery date is before then.
    Well spotted on the dates
    Yes the 7 inch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

thanks op the good lady wife was looking for one for christmas and thats the best price i have seen around but it wont be in stock until the 11th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Thanks was looking for one of these in Silver. Won't be in till 11th so ok on the price reduction and find Argos the past few weeks tend to get stuff in earlier . So might be lucky and get text to say its in sooner than Tuesday:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Probably asked a million times before but what's this tablet like if all I want to use it for is surf the web, watch videos and read comics/books? I was thinking of going for the Nexus 7 since don't want to pay too much, but also want some quality. And if could get a 10" for around the same price as a Nexus 7, I may be interested.

From Looder in the other Samsung tread:
    Nexus is slightly faster.
    Both are same weight / similar size
    Nexus wins the screen test too for pixels per inch (but both are high so it doesn't really matter)
    Tab2 wins the camera as it has 2
    Software is the same - Jellybean is available on both
    Tab2 wins on storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Was planning on getting nexus next week but with the €30 cash back and a €10 voucher I have bringing this down to €150 it's hard to justify the extra €100 for the nexus now. Or is it worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

With the current exchange rate, vat difference and bank charges, the Argos one works out cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Do argos still have the €10 gift voucher when you spend over 50?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Aren't these 7inch one all currently out of stock in all Argos stores at the minute though.

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    Do argos still have the €10 gift voucher when you spend over 50?
    Over €100 got €10 voucher at weekend

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Aren't these 7inch one all currently out of stock in all Argos stores at the minute though.
    Can order now for collection next week

poolboy wrote: »
    Offer finishes on the 11/12, see the small print
    St Stephens green due in on monday allegedly

Dj wrote: »

I'd say they will hold them back so they can charge full price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I'm a total green horn here, but how would this compare to an iPad? I use the iPhone 4S to give the notebook an Internet connection at work. I assume I can use the phone as a hotspot for any wifi device. But is the iPad worth all the extra expense? I just want to surf and check email, but the apps on the iPad would be a big bonus for me as I could just use my current iTunes account and its probably more compatible. Opinions without apple or android bashing appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Ordered my 10.1 galaxy tab2 yesterday in Argos. 285 -50 cashback.

235 total bargain

people are still trying to sell these on donedeal and adverts for 300-350

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

I'd say they will hold them back so they can charge full price

They are showing as can be ordered for collection between the 11th and 13th but usually they always arrive well in advance of those dates so they should definitely be in stock before the 11th.

They won't purposely hold them back to charge the full price and in most Argos's if you say you reserved it at the lower price they will honour it.

This is a great price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

manu2009 wrote: »
    They are showing as can be ordered for collection between the 11th and 13th but usually they always arrive well in advance of those dates so they should definitely be in stock before the 11th.

They won't purposely hold them back to charge the full price and in most Argos's if you say you reserved it at the lower price they will honour it.

This is a great price.

A little dearer than when available over on Amazon.co.uk ;)

• Advertisement

Ordered my 10.1 galaxy tab2 yesterday in Argos. 285 -50 cashback.

235 total bargain

people are still trying to sell these on donedeal and adverts for 300-350

Is the total price not €285? I have reserved the 10" white for €285 and added a 16gb sandisk memory card, which is normally €35.99 but is costing only €17.99. Funny it says it's only reserved until tomorrow.

goz83 wrote: »

Is the total price not €285? I have reserved the 10" white for €285 and added a 16gb sandisk memory card, which is normally €35.99 but is costing only €17.99. Funny it says it's only reserved until tomorrow.
    You do pay 285 but 50€ cash back with Samsung.com so it is 235. You have to apply for it.
    7" comes with a free 8gb card

vicwatson wrote: »

A little dearer than when available over on Amazon.co.uk ;)
    How is it dearer, the 7"? Comes in at 160€
    Dearer on amazon, is it not????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Where can you order for collection next week? I'm on Argos.ie and can't see that option.

Lemlin wrote: »

Where can you order for collection next week? I'm on Argos.ie and can't see that option.
    It's gone

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Does it have hdmi out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭celticsfan

Guys

With special offer one,does the free 8gb sd card come with the tablet or would samsung post it out to you when you claim the 30euro back?:)

Try and order coming up out of stock now

• Advertisement

Try and order coming up out of stock now

out of stock for me too when i try to reserve at my nearest store..:(

celticsfan wrote: »
    out of stock for me too when i try to reserve at my nearest store..:(
    yes in some places its out of stock, see link
    http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=5088735
    maybe try another shop nearby or get someone to collect it

Guys

With special offer one,does the free 8gb sd card come with the tablet or would samsung post it out to you when you claim the 30euro back?:)
    I think Argos are giving you the sd card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

€183 in dixons Dublin airport. Was €170. - got a white 7.0 8gb wifi at that price. €140 after cash back.:D

Note: only good if you're traveling soon or like me know someone who works there.

I think Argos are giving you the sd card

super,cheers for that oddsdavey!

Just reserved 1 in dunlaoighre collect tomorrow
    7 inch silver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

i went to carlow today a collected a silver one for the lady wife so thanks op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

One silver left in The Cresent in Limerick, out of stock everywhere else.

One white left in Tallaght and Tralee.

Tayla wrote: »
    One silver left in The Cresent in Limerick, out of stock everywhere else.

One white left in Tallaght and Tralee.

was hoping to nab one for the other half myself,only found the thread this evening..you snooze you lose i guess:D...anyone think they might get another batch in before the offer ends on the 11th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

was hoping to nab one for the other half myself,only found the thread this evening..you snooze you lose i guess:D...anyone think they might get another batch in before the offer ends on the 11th?

Earlier they were only allowing people to order them for collection and it looked like nowhere actually had them in the store so the fact that a couple of stores seemed to have got them in later in the day is a good sign...or else people had some reserved but their time elapsed.

I worked in Argos for Christmas a few years back and for the really highly sought after electrical stuff even the managers never knew if we were going to get any in or not, the first we would know that the wii's or ds's had arrived in store was when the little machine beside us starting printing out reservation tickets, it was a smaller store and we used to get 2 deliveries a day so some of the larger ones may get more so try to check for the tablet a few times a day.

Tayla wrote: »
    Earlier they were only allowing people to order them for collection and it looked like nowhere actually had them in the store so the fact that a couple of stores seemed to have got them in later in the day is a good sign...or else people had some reserved but their time elapsed.

I worked in Argos for Christmas a few years back and for the really highly sought after electrical stuff even the managers never knew if we were going to get any in or not, the first we would know that the wii's or ds's had arrived in store was when the little machine beside us starting printing out reservation tickets, it was a smaller store and we used to get 2 deliveries a day so some of the larger ones may get more so try to check for the tablet a few times a day.

Cheers Tayla,will keep a close eye on it...the website let me down a few times today saying they were in stock and then going to reserve and then you see they are out of stock. Website prob slow to update i guess.. thanks for the info anyways:)

• Advertisement

Have a 7 inch silver reserved in dunlaoighre which I can't collect if anyone wants it will pm the code to first reply. Must be collected today

Gone to bikerjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JosieMc

Can I have the code? I can collect today! Thanks million

JosieMc wrote: »
    Can I have the code? I can collect today! Thanks million
    Sorry bikerjohn was in first

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭bikerjohn

Sorry bikerjohn was in first

I collected it this afternoon, great piece of kit,,,,,

Thanks for the code poolboy ;)

You do pay 285 but 50€ cash back with Samsung.com so it is 235. You have to apply for it.
    7" comes with a free 8gb card

I see. Thanks. I reserved mine, but had to extend it for a few days by ringing the store.

bikerjohn wrote: »

I collected it this afternoon, great piece of kit,,,,,

Thanks for the code poolboy ;)

No hassle good to see someone use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

please please pleasesome one tell me i got a bargain

works out as 265 euro after cashback for the 3g model

Delivery Method: FREE Super Saver Delivery
    Items: £206.67
    Postage & Packing: £0.00
    Total before VAT: £206.67
    VAT: £47.53
    Order Total: £254.20

Delivery estimate: 22 Dec 2012 - 24 Dec 2012
    1 "Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 inch Tablet - Silver (16GB, 3G, Andriod 4.0)"
    Personal Computers; £248.00
    In stock on December 16, 2012
    Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭christyden

I have a code for pick up in Argos in arklow. Will kindly give away to first pm. Does anyone have a code for anywhere in Dublin sligo or letterkeny stores? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Reserved a silver 10 inch one at arklow last week.said it would be there Tuesday (tomorrow).called in there today, now they said earliest would be Wednesday.doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=508%2F8742 back in stock..just ordered .good deal..:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement