Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

long-reach LCD monitor arm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

This? My girlfriend uses one. Just checked there, and full reach is approximately 620mm (from rear of monitor to centre point of support) per monitor.

• Half way there, the length at extension has to be up around the 40" mark, the one I linked to extends 43" inches which is perfect, the one you have linked me to only extends to 24" unfortunately.

The dual monitor mounting is secondary to the the extending length, worst case I'll just get a larger monitor rather than 2.

Cheers for the reply :)

What exactly is your setup that you need such reach on the arm? You can order extra extenders for the clamp system I linked above, but it will require a sturdy desk (i.e. solid wood. None of that Ikea crap) to take the weight, and you're also better off drilling a hole in the desk and bolting it through, rather than using the clamp. (They give you both options, but the bolt is a lot more sturdy.)

• I've attached a picture, https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=11C772C2B1606A70!123&authkey=!AEu3rm2Kk_7Or5A
    if you see the 2 black monitors on the desk I want to attach them to the arm so they can remain there if I'm working at the desk, but if I'm feeling lazy and want to program on my recliner I would like to be able to swing those to monitors over in front of the recliner.

Do you have a link for the extra extenders?

As you can see the desk is not even an Ikea product, it's something I through together out of old furniture(chipBoard), but I would be confident it will support them and if not I will make some sort of bracket to secure it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wouldn't rely on chip for that, get some 12 or 15mm mdf if you wanna mount em.

• Advertisement

• Say there are four bolts going straight through the desk (1.5") on the under side of the desk I'll have the bolts going through 2 lengths of steel, 1 peace for 2 bolts, 1 peace for the other 2, it will spread the weight out and should be fine.

Extension arm

I guess you could just try it and see how it goes. It's not designed for that exactly though. I know you can have a 2|0 arrangement of extenders and that's fine (vs. 1|1), but if you start going into 4|4 stuff, I'm not sure how that would hold up.

It might be cheaper to just buy a third monitor... If you want/need the mount anyway for posture reasons, or eyesight or something, it's fantastic. I use a single monitor version, and I couldn't live without it, but that's only because I need the monitor quite close to eye level, meaning a lot higher and further forward than any stock stand could manage.

• OK you've sold me, thanks for your help Serephucus.

After reviewing the arms on a few sites and the extension on youtube I've gone ahead and purchased the LX SIDE BY SIDE DUAL ARM and extensions.

I got them for a bit cheaper Here

Now the waiting game

• Quick update,

got the arms, they work great, thanks for the help

Pic1

Pic2

Advertisement