Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibly the WORST customer care I have ever encountered!!!!

Options
  • 05-12-2012 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

I dont say it lightly, I've dealt with komplett.ie when they were going through a change of ownership, and I've dealt with pixmania (enough said!) but this crowd are just incredible!!!! The rig-ma-roll I had to go through to change from a pay as you go contract to a rolling 30 day contract was bad enough, but that was nothing to what I've had over the last 7 days! 5 lenghty calls and a week later and they still haven't moved my old number to the new contract - even though my old number was with e-mobile. I just keep getting palmed off telling me it was because my address was incorrect on the new contract, and it takes 48 hours to port the number. 142 hours later and its still not switched over!!! The final straw was this evening, after holding for ages and giving all the same info again this guy says he needs to talk to tech support and he will ring me back in a half hour - 1 1/2 hours later he rings me, then asks me to hold while he tries to get tech support!!!!

I've had enough, I can only see heart-ache down the road - so I'm cancelling the contract tomorrow and going to a network where somebody had an incling on what customer support is all about!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They have had a year to sort it out but evidently they haven't, I told Tony months ago to send a scatter of Meteor managers to Cork for as long as it takes but no, they preferred to spend their time "in important meetings" in Dublin, as always.

My fvourite eMobile story of the year. :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78967744&postcount=351

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

kingaaa wrote: »
    I dont say it lightly, I've dealt with komplett.ie when they were going through a change of ownership, and I've dealt with pixmania (enough said!) but this crowd are just incredible!!!! The rig-ma-roll I had to go through to change from a pay as you go contract to a rolling 30 day contract was bad enough, but that was nothing to what I've had over the last 7 days! 5 lenghty calls and a week later and they still haven't moved my old number to the new contract - even though my old number was with e-mobile. I just keep getting palmed off telling me it was because my address was incorrect on the new contract, and it takes 48 hours to port the number. 142 hours later and its still not switched over!!! The final straw was this evening, after holding for ages and giving all the same info again this guy says he needs to talk to tech support and he will ring me back in a half hour - 1 1/2 hours later he rings me, then asks me to hold while he tries to get tech support!!!!

I've had enough, I can only see heart-ache down the road - so I'm cancelling the contract tomorrow and going to a network where somebody had an incling on what customer support is all about!

Hi kingaa,

I understand your frustration and this time frame is not acceptable.
    My apologies that this was not actioned previously for you. I have escalated your request onto our technical team and I will be back to you today.

Gráinne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    They have had a year to sort it out but evidently they haven't, I told Tony months ago to send a scatter of Meteor managers to Cork for as long as it takes but no, they preferred to spend their time "in important meetings" in Dublin, as always.

My fvourite eMobile story of the year. :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78967744&postcount=351

Hi Sponge Bob
    and I can absolutely confirm that this has happened. The new centre in Cork has gone through considerable overhaul ( in regards to training and direction) and managers involved in Customer Care travel between Cork and Dublin, with many of these based in Cork.
    Though I prefer "suggested" to "told"..;)
    It is always distressing to read comments like this one from kingaaa above. This case has been highlighted to these managers and Grainne & I are chasing to resolve now.

I have also passed your linked post on, though a little late to actually act for OP.

Thanks
    Tony

Hi kingaaa,

I can confirm that this is now processed. Your number is now active on the Bill pay account. Can you advise when you are free to take a call to discuss this.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

They are a complete joke as are meteor! I hope u have cancelled the contract! i have set up a Facebook page to highlight the dissatisfaction that people are experiencing

• Advertisement

coolhandc wrote: »
    They are a complete joke as are meteor! I hope u have cancelled the contract! i have set up a Facebook page to highlight the dissatisfaction that people are experiencing

Hi coolhandc,

Is there anything that I can help you with? Kingaa's issue is now resolved for him.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

Hi coolhandc,

Is there anything that I can help you with? Kingaa's issue is now resolved for him.

Grainne

No there's not thanks but due to the poor service I received I will forever continue my campaign to raise public awareness of just how bad meteor/eircom are until radical changes are made

coolhandc wrote: »
    No there's not thanks but due to the poor service I received I will forever continue my campaign to raise public awareness of just how bad meteor/eircom are until radical changes are made

Thanks for letting me know coolhandc.

If there is anything that I can help you with in regard to eMobile dont hesitate to contact me here.

Gráinne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

coolhandc, I was right - after 4 months I'm quitting - just got the most outrageous bill today for my teenage daughter who was supposed to have free calls and texts to meteor (who all her friends are with) - should have been €22 - in total (including a credit I received from Grainne for the last fiasco put down as an over-due bill) came to €290!!!!!!! Give me a like to your facebook page, and I'll sent a link to my 1200 friends and family!!

coolhandc, I was right - after 4 months I'm quitting - just got the most outrageous bill today for my teenage daughter who was supposed to have free calls and texts to meteor (who all her friends are with) - should have been €22 - in total (including a credit I received from Grainne for the last fiasco put down as an over-due bill) came to €290!!!!!!! Give me a like to your facebook page, and I'll sent a link to my 1200 friends and family!!
    Hi kingaaa,

I have already responded to your other post. Link here: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056854853

None of our bill pay plans include free calls and texts to Meteor numbers. This is currently only available to Prepaid plans.

As soon as you send me the information I requested I will be able get this investigated for you.

Grainne

• Advertisement
Advertisement