Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Infamous Rock & Metal Beers (Poll Added)

Options
  • 05-12-2012 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭

So what say ye? I've had a few comments mentioning organising the R&M beers. Do people feel like it's something they'd like to do over Christmas or New Years?

I was at the failed attempt two years ago, but maybe this would be a grand come back!

We'll start by just seeing is anyone actually interested in it to begin with, we can sort out details such as date and venue later.

R&M Beers Date 4 votes

Friday December 28th
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday December 29th
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think Tattoos and Piercings is having something on the 15th in Club Hell up in Dubbyland, so there's that. We could probably have a bit in common with them :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Over new years would suit me bettver anyway, you'll probably have to start dishing out dates/places before you get any sorta response from people. Also, Galway is better :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Over new years would suit me bettver anyway, you'll probably have to start dishing out dates/places before you get any sorta response from people. Also, Galway is better :pac:

pffft... Galway?! Cork is where it's at! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭black_frosch

I'd say 28th or 29th December, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I say 26th December in Liverpool. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'll try and make it. I work odd hours though so hopefully i can make it on whatever date is agreed upon.

The only one i was at,in Fibbers Rock Bar(RIP),was good craic. Missed the one that could've been held in a phone box though.:P

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'll be pretty busy over Christmas but will try to make anything that's done.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I'll be pretty over Christmas but will try to make anything that's done.

Aww, you're pretty all year round, you are...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

The 28th or 29th of December would suit me anyway. I don't really have a preference for a venue, anyone got any suggestions.

And sure we can just organize a worldwide simultaneous beers, to suit users in all parts of the globe!
    In seriousness though, I the biggest group of users are based in Dublin. But feel free to organise satellite meet-ups wherever you are :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    The 28th or 29th of December would suit me anyway. I don't really have a preference for a venue, anyone got any suggestions.

And sure we can just organize a worldwide simultaneous beers, to suit users in all parts of the globe!
    In seriousness though, I the biggest group of users are based in Dublin. But feel free to organise satellite meet-ups wherever you are :D

I would be in Germany :D

But I guess, it's hard to please everyone anyway...

• Advertisement

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I would be in Germany :D

But I guess, it's hard to please everyone anyway...

First Rock & Metal forum European tour perhaps? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So it's decided then, Trim it is :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

scudzilla wrote: »
    So it's decided then, Trim it is :D:D

Is Trim anywhere near Germany? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Count me in (once it's not the 26th or 27th due to work)

I will even bring the sign this time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

This sounds good :D Will it be in Dublin?

This sounds good :D Will it be in Dublin?

Yeah, we'll have one in Dublin.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a location?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've never really gone out in Dublin, so I haven't a clue.

Gypsy Rose gets my vote.

Good music, hot girls.

Do you need anything more? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Cowbell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Gypsy Rose gets my vote.

Good music, hot girls.

Good beer would be good too.:pac:

I've actually never been in there myself,been meaning to check it out for ages but never got around to it. Sounds good to me.:)

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    Good beer would be good too.:pac:

I've actually never been in there myself,been meaning to check it out for ages but never got around to it. Sounds good to me.:)

It is probably the best and most welcoming Rock bar in the city at the moment, no idiots, great staff, good doormen (except that Makimomi one, he's dodgy) and just a good vibe allround

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Wanting to go to this one, have been to the previous ones as it was good craic :), All pending on finances and xmas plans nearer the time, Gypsy Rose, Club Hell or Fibbers gets my vote for it, or maybe Bruxelles?

On a slightly different note, just saw this a few posts ago on here and its probably old news and all, but is Fibbers Rock Bar to disappear, or has it? :eek::(
    Havent been there in a good few months, like earlyish this year, April I think, so apologies if its old news, just curious what the RIP in the post previous meant :confused:

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Wanting to go to this one, have been to the previous ones as it was good craic :), All pending on finances and xmas plans nearer the time, Gypsy Rose, Club Hell or Fibbers gets my vote for it, or maybe Bruxelles?

On a slightly different note, just saw this a few posts ago on here and its probably old news and all, but is Fibbers Rock Bar disappear, or has it? :eek::(
    Havent been there in a good few months, like earlyish this year, April I think, so apologies if its old news, just curious what the RIP in the post previous meant :confused:

Yeah, it just closed

As for the piss up, as it's a Rock/Metal piss up, IMO, the least we could do is have it in a 24/7 Rock/Metal pub, not a place like Club Hell where they only cater for Metal 1 night a week so they can make money.

These 24/7 rock bars need our support or we're gonna be left with regular pubs thinking they're doin us a favour by giving us a weekly night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Yay Gypsy's! \o/

Well if I can afford it I'll go along wherever we end up.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Is Trim anywhere near Germany? ;)

It's almost like Germany, what with it's epic castle an' all.

It would be really awesome if it was just after xmas (maybe do a poll to pick a date?). Gypo will do the job nicely, as long as nobody puts 20quids worth of Iron Maiden on from the jukebox :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

The gypsy would get a +1 from me too
    As a fibs (and formally new fibs) patron for the most part, this will give me an excuse to go.

Ok, I've added a poll for the day that sits people most.

Venue is Gypsy Rose as it seems fairly unanimous!

Dates don't suit so unfortunately i'm out.

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Dates don't suit so unfortunately i'm out.

I can add additional dates to the poll, these were just the only dates suggested

Advertisement