Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burgled Beltrubet

Options
  • 05-12-2012 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

My house was burgled at the weekend, we where cleared out T.V, xbox , hard-drive, media player , money , other bits that are not worth much and they even took Christmas presents :mad:
    Im not originally from the area , does anyone have any ideas where stolen good's turn up, or do have any chance in getting anything back any ideas would be grateful , Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Kiss em goodbye.

Plenty of break in around my area last year, 16 in one week, same entry was used. Its rampant in the area. I'll not say what the Garda thinks but they aint local. They'll come and dust for prints etc but doubt you'll ever hear anything back. Check the local area, roads, ditches etc as they can dump stuff out along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Monkeypj

I know , i think it is time too say goodbye very hard to do tho, not originally from here but was talkin to someone this week that said 6 house's were done last week in the next town, all of them on a main street !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Monkeypj wrote: »
    I know , i think it is time too say goodbye very hard to do tho, not originally from here but was talkin to someone this week that said 6 house's were done last week in the next town, all of them on a main street !

Ballinagh. Alert neighbours and monitored alarm, CCTV are your best bet. There is a few local groups starting community alerts via mobiles phones

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Ballinagh. Alert neighbours and monitored alarm, CCTV are your best bet. There is a few local groups starting community alerts via mobiles phones

Seems to be a good idea, but its hard getting people involved. My neighbour was burgled 2 weeks ago and money and jewelry were taken and they went in through the FRONT pvc door in a built up area.The Gardai of course said it was NOT locals but it had to be someone who knew this person and times when they were out.I dont want to go into too much detail but everyone in this area believes it had to be a local...
    I believe every area be it a street, estate or rural area should have some kind of Community alert and with all the Garda stations closing it will be an essential part of the community....maybe we can do judge and jury too...lol..;)

muincav wrote: »
    Seems to be a good idea, but its hard getting people involved. My neighbour was burgled 2 weeks ago and money and jewelry were taken and they went in through the FRONT pvc door in a built up area.The Gardai of course said it was NOT locals but it had to be someone who knew this person and times when they were out.I dont want to go into too much detail but everyone in this area believes it had to be a local...
    I believe every area be it a street, estate or rural area should have some kind of Community alert and with all the Garda stations closing it will be an essential part of the community....maybe we can do judge and jury too...lol..;)

In my case someone knew my routine , so I believe it was someone local

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

You could start with Lakeview in Cavan, followed closely by Ardkeen and Aughnaskerry. Unless they took a kids bike that you can ID, not much chance of seeing your stuff lying around. We were robbed by an individual who has recently moved into the Cavan town area, from Dublin. Guards ID'd him on CCTV, but the stuff gone when his place searched hours later. Guard told us that he is one of a family of 8, two of whom are doing life for murder! Iver in Cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

keep a good eye out on donedeal ,i had stuff stolen last march and i kept a close eye on donedeal and was almost giving up, 4 weeks later it showed up below in bandon in cork , i had to take a day off and travel down to cork to get my stuff back , guards would tell me nothing much about the lad that had the stuff , i think he got a small fine

Im searching site's donedeal gumtree and adverts no luck yet things might be to hot still, you getting your stuff back has given me some hope tho thanks for posting :)

You could start with Lakeview in Cavan, followed closely by Ardkeen and Aughnaskerry. Unless they took a kids bike that you can ID, not much chance of seeing your stuff lying around. We were robbed by an individual who has recently moved into the Cavan town area, from Dublin. Guards ID'd him on CCTV, but the stuff gone when his place searched hours later. Guard told us that he is one of a family of 8, two of whom are doing life for murder! Iver in Cavan

was he ever done for robbing you ?
    Thanks for posting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

Hi Monkeypj,
    We got a letter from the Guards last week telling us there were "developments" in the case, and a Pulse number so we could follow the case. No more news yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement