Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Running Shoes - ecco Biom B

• 05-12-2012 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Having found ecco shoes to be the most comfortable on the planet - I always wondered why they didn't seem to have running shoes - as surely they would be the most comfortable shoes possible, that would no doubt facilitate injury free running.

Well folks - I've just discovered this and am rather excited about it:
    http://shopeu.ecco.com/uk/en/ecco/biom-b_465619/625028?navId=204

They seem to have rather a hefty price tag but I am very curious to know if anyone has tried these and if they live up to what I, and many others, have grown to love and respect of the makers of these shoes.

Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Bombbastic22

anyone tried these? anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

anyone tried these? anyone?

They've actually been around for a while, but at that price I will give them a miss.
    Shame really, because I think they might well be good shoes. Initial reviews were definitely promising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

They've actually been around for a while, but at that price I will give them a miss.
    Shame really, because I think they might well be good shoes. Initial reviews were definitely promising.

I Don't understand this bit:
    Specially designed for runners with a 6 minutes/kilometre average running speed.

I think they are overpriced and being marketed speficially at beginner runners to rip them off they don't look very good either.

It doesn't even say whether they are support or neutral shoes... There is very little or no spec on the shoe either (weight, height, toe to heel drop etc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

I'm more than a bit suspicious of the massive plastic heel cup - surely that's a recipe for hotspots/blisters ?

Also, wtf is with the training program?
    Wear the shoes all the time & run in them too ? :eek:
    menoscemo wrote: »
    It doesn't even say whether they are support or neutral shoes... There is very little or no spec on the shoe either (weight, height, toe to heel drop etc).

Now that would be an interesting concept - always running uphill. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I think they are overpriced and being marketed speficially at beginner runners to rip them off they don't look very good either.

I remember reviews of the Ecco Biom shoes from as far back as 2009. Matt Fitzgerald was giving it high marks. It was one of the earliest "natural running" shoes IIRC.

Unfortunately his blog no longer exists.

And for that ridiculous price I was never even remotely tempted.

• Advertisement

I remember reviews of the Ecco Biom shoes from as far back as 2009. Matt Fitzgerald was giving it high marks. It was one of the earliest "natural running" shoes IIRC.

Unfortunately his blog no longer exists.

And for that ridiculous price I was never even remotely tempted.

Yeah, they sure are dear! Maybe I'll get lucky and find a pair in SVP.

Previously bought ecco walking shoes for 120 euro. They are superb in every way and may be the only shoes that ever kept my feet dry (until today that is but I've had em 2 years - they're GoreTex).

Would nearly try them.....nearly!

Thanks guys

It's to do with the fuel economy! the Biom A use up all the pasta you ate before the marathon and the Biom C only use three quarters of it.

You'd be frickin' Biom'ing all the way to the finish line in the Biom A - like a rocket buck, like a rocket.

That's my interpretation anyway, though maybe I'm just a stupid redneck!

Advertisement