Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

static ip - connecting tv to my router

Options
  • 05-12-2012 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hey guys, just got a new tv and want to connect it to my router via a cable but i cannont seem to get the settings correct....can anyone help me please?

Im with vodafone and have a static ip address of **.***.***139

what should i enter for the following

Ip Address
    Subnet Mask
    Default Gateway
    DNS Server

Iv attached a screenshot of an ipconfig /all of my system

2VXfm.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

Hi
    The TV should pickup an Internal IP address automatically from the router box.
    In your print out above your Laptop has 2 IP addresses from the router - 192.168.1.2 on the Wireless and 192.168.1.6 on the cable.

In the TV you can set it to DHCP - plug the cable into the router and it should get its own values.
    Failing that try putting in
    IP Address 192.168.1.50
    Network Mask 255.255.255.0
    Router / Gateway 192.168.1.254

I am not sure of the Vodafone DNS servers but the Google one at 8.8.8.8 should work for you but try the DHCP option first.

Oh Yeah - you should edit out your Public IP address in the post - just show it as x.x.x.139

Did you get sorted ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

Had a quick try this morning before i went to work but it didnt seem to work, will try again when i get home tis evening, will have more time at it...and if it still doesnt work will get some screen shots of the tv network menu and the error im getting...

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

Problem solved......it was my own made-up Ethernet cable, even though i had the colors in the same order on the x2 rj45 connectors, when i changed them to the industry standard layout, it worked no problem - its beyond me as i would have thought the layout didnt matter as long as they were in the same order on the 2 connectors?

It might just have been the connector - most connectors are for the foil type of metal in the wires but there are other connectors for the hard copper wire.
    I always try to use bought ones if you know what I mean
    Good Luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement