Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DONATE HERE TO GET MODS NAKED FOR SSF €17,350.13 RAISED FOR SICK CHILDREN

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

what about a group shot if a certain amount is reached?

see which lad has the most "self control"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What's the total up to now whoops?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

http://www.santastrikeforce.com/

Looks like the website has been updated.
    The Afterhours "Who will get naked this year" donation drive has been astonishing with 5000 euros in the bank and rising. Read more about it here and witness the incredible lunacy of AH as a force for good!

In the last year as well as helping Barnardos, Barrettstown and Rehab, we pushed things further afield and spent about 800 euros to build 6 basketball courts in The www.goodchildfoundation.com , a school for Downs Syndrome kids in Thailand run by an irish guy. (check out their adorable tribute to Katie Taylor

Great to see innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

http://www.santastrikeforce.com/

Looks like the website has been updated.

Great to see innit?

Welcome to 30 mins ago :P

Wow, €800 made a big difference there, maybe worth sending a similar amount out this year?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,133 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Stheno wrote: »
    What's the total up to now whoops?
    Well by my reckoning Micky is just about within touching distance - less than 400 to go and El Weirdo can relax for another year ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Enable Ireland tbh. they buy very specialized Equipment For children with special needs. its not a matter of throwing a few PS3's at them. they need Very exact stuff :)

Something like this - http://www.assistireland.ie/eng/Products_Directory/Wheeled_Mobility/Pedal_Cycles_Adult_Child/Foot_Operated_Cycles/Rifton_Tricycles.html

Give a kid a chance to ride a bike that would otherwise never be able to!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Beasty wrote: »
    Well by my reckoning Micky is just about within touching distance - less than 400 to go and El Weirdo can relax for another year ...

Oh I chuckled :P

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dont ever really confirm specific donations cos everyone's situation is different but I will confirm we got a "sizeable" donation from a gentleman who will remain nameless (but who you all know I reckon :)). Just sayin'... many thanks.

Enable Ireland were a target a couple of years back and yes, they have specific needs but they were able to spec out a "fun/learning" room along with some specific dolls for therapy and we got it sorted for them. They are a perfect target really!

Micky I agree about the charities and that none should be seen as more deserving, and thats pretty much how we have done it in the past but the issue has been that some are very fast off the mark and get back to us quickly and some never get back, so its not that you get to have them all in a "bag" at anyone point. Mostly I do a "first up, best dressed" approach until the cash is gone and that works to achieve the same end.

Also, SSF really runs until about March because as ideal as getting it to the charities at xmas is, many of the logistics prove very difficult with staff off work, places shut and just sheer organisation being a lot to get done. We've found that doing a couple over xmas is good and then taking time to get it right in the new year too, works best.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ps: The trouble with us picking things out for them as "surprises" is that there are realities that we just arent aware of. For example, a very simple one would be teddy bears for hospitals... who wouldnt want a teddybear to cuddle in a kids hospital?? well.. every kids AFTER the one who has a communicable disease has cuddled it. Soft material = no, hard scrubbable plastic = yes :)

Every charity has its own list of things they cant accept for various reasons. Its best to work with the charity officer which most have, and find out what they need specifically... yeah it kinda ruins the surprise a bit (though the staff arent told) but it targets the money better and in the end, thats the reason for doing this.

I'm still freakin' blown away by 5k..., we can really do a lot with that, wait till you see....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

It is fantastic that we can help so many charities and give them the things they need to give the kids a better experience when things are mostly shítty for whatever reason (sickness/homelessness etc). I love this charity :)

Any help needed just shout as I have said before :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Incase anyone is wondering what the current total is (roughly), just as whoopsyboobies doesn't seem to be around, an un-official count (by me) since her update yesterday...

TOTAL DONATED SO FAR: €5692.82

Current Total: €5682.82
    Amount needed for next target: €317.18
    Amount needed for 10k target €4,317.18
    Amount needed for bollock 2 €14,317.18

><
    I just spent aaaaaages doing that!

Thanks challengemaster :D

I'm out a tenner somewhere - feck sake!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,133 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Amount needed for bollock 2 €1417.18
    He's lowered his price:D

Beasty wrote: »
    He's lowered his price:D

I'm going away tomorrow morning at 6am and god knows I feckin need it :pac:

Brain fried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I pledge €20 via paypal. You're not going to force us to look, though, are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Vojera wrote: »
    I pledge €20 via paypal. You're not going to force us to look, though, are you?

Yeah, sure who doesn't like a good reaction youtube vid :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

This seems to be going splendidly!

I suggest a group pic of all the mods nethers and whoops's bewbs!

A real crowd pleaser pic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

€20 from me. :)

Receipt from earlier donation, in case it's needed for matching purposes! (Sorry, wasn't able to edit the previous post!)

Receipt No: 4080-5262-5301-0275
    Please keep this receipt number for future reference. You'll need it if you contact customer service at Santa Strike Force or PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Loopy wrote: »
    This seems to be going splendidly!

I suggest a group pic of all the mods nethers and whoops's bewbs!

A real crowd pleaser pic..

I suggest they do gangnam style, nekkid :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I suggest they do gangnam style, nekkid :pac:

You may be on to summat.

OP on gangnam style.

Op op op
    Op op.....

challengemaster and loopy banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

€10 PayPal donation earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

€20

You just completed your payment.

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 66J89734P04548513.
    We'll send a confirmation email to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com. This transaction will appear on your statement as PayPal *SANTASTRIKE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

€20 there.

Fair play Whoopsie, you're a braver woman than me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Loopy wrote: »
    You may be on to summat.

OP on gangnam style.

Op op op
    Op op.....

Throw in a few body rolls and I support this motion! Preferably as they sing "Heeeeeeyyyyyy, sexy ladeeeezzzzz"

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

€10 here, via paypal yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Just donated €20 :)

Transaction id 94G80735497419045

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

€20 donated. :)

You just completed your payment.
    Your transaction ID for this payment is: 5RA53448KM683063N.
    This transaction will appear on your statement as PayPal *SANTASTRIKE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭biddybops

€100 through PayPal.

Advertisement