Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DONATE HERE TO GET MODS NAKED FOR SSF €17,350.13 RAISED FOR SICK CHILDREN

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Are we... over 9000?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yes, need about 800 more now to hit 10,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

January wrote: »
    Yes, need about 800 more now to hit 10,000.

Cool! Here, have another €20. Got an early Christmas present so I'm sharing the joy.:)

Transaction No: 9NE23424ML0000201

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

A very worthy cause, fair play to those involved.

€20 donated
    ID: *******6235

gvn wrote: »
    €20 sent via Paypal. I wish I could afford to send more but, alas, I'm broke.

I've been following this thread all week and it's just about the only thing that has put me in the mood for Christmas so far this December. It's heart-warming, to say the least, to know that generosity like this still exists given how financially strained most of us are these days; generosity from those who've contributed financially, but also, and especially, the generosity shown by the mods who have volunteered to place their own bodies on the line and online. All of this so that children, both at home and abroad, can find a little bit of joy in this world. Great stuff, and well done to all involved.

I'll be honest, none of us ever expected us to get this far. I never thought there was much of a chance I would actually have to do this (and Dr. B isn't out of the woods yet!). Now in saying that, once we committed to it we were all in 100%. It's pretty scary. I'm fairly damn nervous and yesterday I had a bit of a freak attack.

But it's posts like yours gvn, that make me remember why I'm doing it and what it's all about. I shouldn't be nervous, I should be proud to be a part of such a fantastic cause. I have this perfect body (I mean it works perfectly :D), I'm healthy, I'm happy. If I can raise 10k for kids not as lucky as me, just by getting my kit off, why wouldn't I?

Now all that said, 20k is MUCH better than 10 so keep it going lads :D

I'll go back to chopping these onions now :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    €10 is all I can afford, i'll donate via paypal by the end of the week when i have the cash.

Put that in today, a little later than I thought. Congratulations to everyone involved. Huge amount of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

I'll be honest, none of us ever expected us to get this far. I never thought there was much of a chance I would actually have to do this (and Dr. B isn't out of the woods yet!). Now in saying that, once we committed to it we were all in 100%. It's pretty scary. I'm fairly damn nervous and yesterday I had a bit of a freak attack.

But it's posts like yours gvn, that make me remember why I'm doing it and what it's all about. I shouldn't be nervous, I should be proud to be a part of such a fantastic cause. I have this perfect body (I mean it works perfectly :D), I'm healthy, I'm happy. If I can raise 10k for kids not as lucky as me, just by getting my kit off, why wouldn't I?

Now all that said, 20k is MUCH better than 10 so keep it going lads :D

I'll go back to chopping these onions now :o

Fair play to ya Whoopsie, here's another €100. Hopefully we'll hit €19,999.99 by the time this is all done.
    Your transaction ID for this payment is: 9R569817KF071163U

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Half a bottle of wine down, half a bottle of Becherovka (the most Christmasy tasting drink of all time) in the fridge, Christmas FM playing, my face slightly numb, it's definitely Christmas time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Lyaiera wrote: »
    my face slightly numb,

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

just sent €50 via paypal

Your transaction ID for this payment is: xxxxxxxxxxx79570F.
    Best of luck whoopsy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I reckon we've hit 10k, anyone (mod) care to collate and update the title?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Stheno wrote: »

If so, we need to keep up the momentum to reach €20k.

€50.00 via paypal
    Your transaction ID for this payment is: 5UX94336SG017330W.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I hope to add a bit more by the end of the week, for now I've donated €10.

Your receipt number for this payment is: 3835-7715-5560-5642.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,133 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Nah - I reckon we're still around 600 adrift
    juke wrote: »
    If so, we need to keep up the momentum to reach €20k.
    +1
    and Dr. B isn't out of the woods yet!
    ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Beasty wrote: »
    Nah - I reckon we're still around 600 adrift

+1

;)

PAH so no Sir Alex yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Pfft... I just came in here to show off the holly on my boobs! :pac:

<
    fabulous :P

Here is €45.88 cos that odd money was annoying me, can't be having kids getting odd money!

You just completed your payment of 45.88

Your transaction ID for this payment is: *****78P55705335.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,133 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

PAH so no Sir Alex yet?
    I think the sentences need to be consecutive - make him do the full month with his current name before expecting him to take a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Stop donating money.

It's all a hoax.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Stop donating money.

It's all a hoax.

I can see the headline now.

BOARDS.IE MODS SPEND €10,000 ON RETIERMENT GET TOGETHER WITH TAXPAYERS MONEY :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

I just donated €25 more to celebrate finishing my assignment. This thread has been keeping my spirits up over the couple of weeks while I've been working my ass off. It has served as a fantastic distraction :)
    Everyone who has donated is the absolute epitome of goodness! :pac:

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 4UC86342Y55997647.
    We'll send a confirmation email to *****@gmail.com. This transaction will appear on your statement as PayPal *SANTASTRIKE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Please don't stop donating money.

It's all for the kids.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I've just donated E25. Great cause guys, real Christmas stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Just sent €25 there. Sorry it's not more! Fair play to everyone involved, this is pretty amazing.

(Not 100% sure that it's gone through yet, I have a joint Paypal account with someone else and it's their email address that the confirmation gets sent to - will confirm when they check for me!).

Couldn't edit the post - but just want to confirm that did go through fine. D'ye need the transaction ID?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Everyone who donated is going to be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Did you donate?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

If we get to 15k, ALL the AH mods should get nekkid \o/ For the kids :P

Ah, Stupid, how he makes us laugh! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Aaaaah, poor Stupid.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,302 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

O rly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

God I love Zaph :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Worth it to see 10k+ going to such a great cause tbh.

Advertisement