Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DONATE HERE TO GET MODS NAKED FOR SSF €17,350.13 RAISED FOR SICK CHILDREN

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

ha ha BEWBS!!!! my new word for the day!

5WT23849XG9805640 €10

fair play lads, you do realise how this works though, no end date, so whoopsie will just wait till we hit 20k next year and make dr.b do the helicopter on camera!

Not a boob to be seen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I was you know! (though only for the very beginning of the MC introduction) didn't make much of an impression obviously :P

I feel sick. :mad: I was the Richard Gere lookalike.

Yeh I missed that sorry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The old man, down the back?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I get paid on Friday. I'll send some cash then.

Fair play to Boards Mods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

stimpson wrote: »
    Um. I paid monies but my name ain't on the list.

That's the list of people who voted for whoopsy in the "which mod will get naked" poll. Now she's demanding we all pay up :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

€10 lodged into the bank account. :)

Best of luck mods,you're a much braver group of people than I.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Lads, without wanting to single out anyone... why did so many people have so much money this close to Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Lads, without wanting to single out anyone... why did so many people have so much money this close to Christmas?

People make allowances for great causes like this and can you blame them? It's called giving something back..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I don't think many have ''so much money''...I think people are willing to go without something so they can give to others?

And the people who gave a lot...well, they're just extremely generous and awesome :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Still plenty of people who aren't short of money in this country. Those that don't have much still like to give back.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

My donations came out of my alcohol and present fund this year. Family get smaller presents (they'll be forgotten about in a month anyway) and I piss less money down the bog in the form of digested alcohol, meanwhile some very deserving children get a little pick me up at a special time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Still plenty of people who aren't short of money in this country. Those that don't have much still like to give back.
    In my experience, I've found that it is frequently people who don't have much are the ones who are most generous with what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

MrsD007 wrote: »
    In my experience, I've found that it is frequently people who don't have much are the ones who are most generous with what they have.

That's pretty obvious sure, there's a reason why people with loads of cash have it, You'll hear them ****e on about how they manage their money blah blah blah but in most cases, they are just plain tight arses, daddy drives around in a BMW 7 Series while the kids walk around like tramps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I don't have the money, but it's better some spare change I have going to something good than been used to buy myself 2 pints. At the end if only a 100 of us where to donate a tenner thats a grand easy.

allanb49 wrote: »
    At the end if only a 100 of us where to donate a tenner thats a grand easy.

which could fund the creation of 7 basketball courts in a school for children with disabilities in Thailand.

That's pretty fantastic.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I don't but with a cause like Laura Lynn house being helped out I'm giving my last €10 until I get paid, I would give more if I had it. Those kids in that house will more than likely not see next Christmas so I want to be a part of a group that made their last Christmas truly memorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 8TS97099A68702626

another 10 to a good cause

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Already Laura Lynn Foundation and BeesForBatten have been hit... keeping the details quiet until we get the ok (both have been arranged but will be delivered in new year due to logistical issues). To say both were blown away is an understatement. LauraLynn wanted a "couple of tablets" so, PC World/Currys who are on Boards are doing us a deal on it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056834674 (drop over and say hi, they are nice reps :) ).

Beesforbatten are doing something totally awesome and I'm sworn to secrecy at the moment, but its the best thing the SSF have been involved with to date imho! Its just going to rock. :)
    I will tell you all about it in Q1 next year because its more than just us involved. You are going to love it imho. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Great cause! I wish I could afford more but hopefully my fiver makes a small difference!

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 89Y02638WA1934523.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

When's the closing date for this? Don't get paid until Friday so can't donate anything until then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Beasty, 2k? :O Wow. Fair play to him.

Afraid I don't have any money to part with this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

1 word: boobs

Stroke of genius putting Woopsie at €10k

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Has Weirdo fixed the spreadsheet yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I just stuck in €100 there, I had pledged €50 earlier which is already counted.
    Your receipt number for this payment is: 2203-xxxx-6707-xxxx.

We'll send a confirmation email to xxxxxxxxx. This transaction will appear on your statement as PayPal *SANTASTRIKE.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Stheno wrote: »
    Has Weirdo fixed the spreadsheet yet?
    On it.

It will be done before the night is out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

Donated 24.56

Receipt no.: 1530-9739-9868-5080

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

The people involved in this should be very proud of yourselves. I'm in south America at the moment, and I've been following this thread getting excited seeing the donations roll in and thinking about how much good they're going to do.

Fair play to DeV for starting this thing years ago, and especially fair play to the mods and posters of AH this year for raising the funds!

Here's another 100euro. We need to get to 15k!

Receipt ID
    3927-8703-2052-9753

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

How about everyone that donated gets nekkid?

It seems only fair :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    How about everyone that donated gets nekkid?

It seems only fair :pac:

I donated.

No one wants to see that.

Trust me. :(

Also, if this stays open until the weekend after Christmas, I'll donate whatever is left on my O2 card after all the gift buying.

Advertisement