Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DONATE HERE TO GET MODS NAKED FOR SSF €17,350.13 RAISED FOR SICK CHILDREN

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Has anybody got an eye catching signature made up that might help get a few others in here?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

January wrote: »
    I can just imagine the headlines...

"Mods get naked, for the kids!"

'Internet Geeks Strip, Think of Children'

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 14,764 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Stheno wrote: »
    Would make a lovely feelgood story if any of the lurking journos bothered to pick it up

And add to the total

Imagine the headlines 'Bewbs raise money for kids':pac:

€25 donated...would be more but I'm an impoverished student...don't tell the gov. what I spend my grant on:pac:

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 4NC49241NM009850D.

Edit: Damn..people already came up with potential headlines!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

How amazing is it that boards.ie have raised over €10,000 in just TWO WEEKS??? And, that's just from this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,764 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Bloodwing wrote: »
    Has anybody got an eye catching signature made up that might help get a few others in here?

How about... 'Like bewbs? Then get over here!':pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Blay wrote: »
    How about... 'Like bewbs? Then get over here!':pac:

I was hoping for something a bit more eye catching!! If i was any use with photoshop I'd attempt it myself.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,302 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

While it might make a lovely feelgood story, won't somebody please think of the kids mods.

Seriously though, the AH mods deserve the utmost respect for what they're doing, but I don't think they really need to have an already tough task made tougher by having them plastered all over a national newspaper. Let's just keep this one amongst ourselves, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Zaph wrote: »
    While it might make a lovely feelgood story, won't somebody please think of the kids mods.

Seriously though, the AH mods deserve the utmost respect for what they're doing, but I don't think they really need to have an already tough task made tougher by having them plastered all over a national newspaper. Let's just keep this one amongst ourselves, eh?

We've had trouble with journo's pulling stories from here before (the consumer issues thread with the Samsung Galaxy SIII springs to mind?), is there anything we could do to stop a journo printing a story? I think the mods deserve privacy too, fair play to them for what they are doing.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,302 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

January wrote: »
    is there anything we could do to stop a journo printing a story?

In all honesty, no there's not. But I suppose if we don't give them the idea they might be a bit less likely to publish it.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,133 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Looking at all those companies listed in the talk to forum could mean we might make it to the €20k mark which means dr b gets his bollocko out again and my username is safe.

Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    There's a get out for you at 20k? I've re-read the contract and can find no reference to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Bravo Mods!! I applaud your bravery.

Like The 3 Musketeers...except nude.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

€20 donated.

Transaction ID: 2HS89943XE732703H

Fair play to everyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Beasty wrote: »
    There's a get out for you at 20k? I've re-read the contract and can find no reference to this.

I said i'd change my name if we raised 10k.

We've raised more than 10k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

ah, you've danced this dance before, shylock :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,133 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Bloodwing wrote: »
    I was hoping for something a bit more eye catching!! If i was any use with photoshop I'd attempt it myself.
    Just copy and past Whoopsa's (or the soon to be Sir Alex Ferguson, but make his sig a link to this thread;))

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Heh, nice try :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

RosyLily wrote: »
    Bravo Mods!! I applaud your bravery.

Like The 3 Musketeers...except nude.
    Except nude? Exactly like it from the version I saw.

Anyways, totals done - will have them posted in a couple of shakes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Zaph wrote: »

Fair point, didn't think of it from that perspective, more from the perspective of people joining together on the board to raise money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Is there by any chance a €15,000 milestone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Okay, title and OP edited with new totals.

We've officially breached the 10k target!

It would be even higher but I don't know how much danniemcq and allanb49 actually donated - let us know and we can update the totals accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Schism wrote: »

All mods get naked.

Not sure if that includes bollocko though?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I get paid on Friday so will donate then, I hadn't forgotten!

Is this the most amount raised (so far) ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ruffmut

€10.00 donated. Transaction ID 4BG85033DN137180S

Well done !!

Schism wrote: »
    It's not that long ago that someone asked if there was any chance of €10k.

There's no harm in setting the bar high - what I want to know is if we get all 4 for €20k;)

Clearly Sir Alex Ferguson will now be with us for a year whatever the outcome ...

:(

Are you ok Sir Alex?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,851 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

:D

SAF!

:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Another 75 as promised

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 18T07429E6906144M.

Can we compromise here folks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Can we compromise here folks?

Unless there is nudity involved, it should be no dice.

Advertisement