Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 Captain

• 06-12-2012 12:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭

Im going with Tevez,I think he can bag a few against his old club,if I think he doesnt start then Ill switch to Michu.

Gameweek 16 Captain 124 votes

RVP - City (AWAY)
    0% 0 votes
    Tevez - United (HOME)
    8% 10 votes
    Michu - Norwich (HOME)
    2% 3 votes
    Fletcher - Reading/Chelsea (HOME/HOME)
    50% 62 votes
    Sessegnon - Reading/Chelsea (HOME/HOME)
    8% 11 votes
    Cazorla - West Brom (HOME)
    14% 18 votes
    Hazzard - Sunderland (AWAY)
    3% 4 votes
    Fellaini- Tottenham (HOME)
    0% 1 vote
    Berbatov - Newcastle (HOME)
    7% 9 votes
    Defoe - Everton (AWAY)
    4% 5 votes
    Other
    0% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Extremely tricky choice this week,gotta be Fletcher if he is fit but Michu............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It's currently sitting on Fletcher but if he's looking dodgy by Friday night, Michu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Just incase people are wondering why I put Sess in ,is just in case Fletcher doesn't start and wanted a second choice for a DGW player.

Michu is tempting me but united's defense is ****e and I think will see goals in that game 3-1 ,but with tevez on last night I'm swayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Michu at the minute,Sunderland could suddenly decide to play football & actually attack or continue to be useless so I'm cagey about captaining Fletcher in case they decide to be typically useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Tough one. Fletcher is the only Sunderland player I have, so seems like the obvious choice, but I'm VERY reluctant about doing it. He could easily end up with 4 points. Or not playing both games.

Thinking of Dempsey or Fellaini. Neither Spurs nor Everton have been great at the back. Leaning towards Dempsey at the minute as Everton haven't kept a cleanie in ages, and if Spurs score Demps could easily be involved in Bales absence. I'm sure my thinking will change many times before the weekend though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

brought sess in for -4 pts and stuck (c) on him. michu (vc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Out on a limb with Adam Johnson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm currently leaning towards Berbatov, I don't see a lot of goals in the Spurs-Everton game and I'll wait till saturday morning for the latest on Bale before I get Dempsey in short term, if he'll be back for the next one I don't want to sell him but I don't see them rushing him back. Michu is another option as is Van Persie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Le fondre...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Isn't the Sunderland V Reading game the re-arranged game from early in the season? And didn't the fpl guys say that only people who had Reading and Sunderland players in their teams at the time of the postponed game could get points from this game?
    Sunderland v Reading has been postponed. Any players you have from these teams will score 0 in Gameweek 2. Players will play twice in a future Gameweek, when the game is rescheduled. You will only score points for this match if you have the players in your team for the Gameweek that the match is rescheduled for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Isn't the Sunderland V Reading game the re-arranged game from early in the season? And didn't the fpl guys say that only people who had Reading and Sunderland players in their teams at the time of the postponed game could get points from this game?

lol at the people who captained Van Persie haven't a clue of the rules.

I'm currently leaning towards Berbatov, I don't see a lot of goals in the Spurs-Everton game and I'll wait till saturday morning for the latest on Bale before I get Dempsey in short term, if he'll be back for the next one I don't want to sell him but I don't see them rushing him back. Michu is another option as is Van Persie.

Yep, Ba to Berbatov or maybe even Defoe is staring me in the face. You seem set on Dempsey so definately go with your gut...Imagine not having him and he runs riut...most sickening feeling in the game!

It's Michu for me at the moment.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    lol at the people who captained Van Persie haven't a clue of the rules.

:D

Or maybe I do!

And its all a rouse!

:D

Or maybe I do!

And its all a rouse!

;) Anyone with Sunderland or Reading players next week can score points...now away with you, you little scamp!

;) Anyone with Sunderland or Reading players next week can score points...now away with you, you little scamp!

Can they? honestly thought they couldn't.

Its a bit unfair on the guys who missed out during the Postponed game so.

Yep, Ba to Berbatov or maybe even Defoe is staring me in the face. You seem set on Dempsey so definately go with your gut...Imagine not having him and he runs riut...most sickening feeling in the game!

It's Michu for me at the moment.

Last gut feeling I had was Rooney 2 weeks ago, made him captain and all, then sold him on before last weekend, I have the patience of a saint with some players but I can be a bit too quick to move others, Dempsey is interesting, I couldn't have him and Bale in my midfield but I reckon he's showing good form again now, I know what he done last year and can see him picking up big points, prob not as many as Bale though, Spurs would need to score an awful lot of goals.
    It's completely illogical i suppose but I can't go with Michu as he did so well last week it's hard to see him doing it again, as I said Berbatov probably for me, he's been unlucky not to score the last few weeks, he's ready to breakout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

hold the phone.....no double points for Sunderland or Reading players based on this week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Fellaini at home for me!! Pleeease be good to me this week!!

Can they? honestly thought they couldn't.

Its a bit unfair on the guys who missed out during the Postponed game so.

C'est la vie unfortunately. Cost me a few points that day but to be honest this DGW is almost a non-event anyways.

Sunderland's fixtures are absolutely shocking over the next 6 so anyone borught in will have to be shipped back out or benched for GW17 onwards.

I cannot pull the trigger on any transfer while there are doubts over Ba and Walcott. Will wait for team news on Friday but Cuellar or Mignolet out is one of my transfers for GW17.

miller82 wrote: »
    hold the phone.....no double points for Sunderland or Reading players based on this week ?

They both play twice. They will get the combined score for both games as their gameweek score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Last gut feeling I had was Rooney 2 weeks ago, made him captain and all, then sold him on before last weekend, I have the patience of a saint with some players but I can be a bit too quick to move others, Dempsey is interesting, I couldn't have him and Bale in my midfield but I reckon he's showing good form again now, I know what he done last year and can see him picking up big points, prob not as many as Bale though, Spurs would need to score an awful lot of goals.
    It's completely illogical i suppose but I can't go with Michu as he did so well last week it's hard to see him doing it again, as I said Berbatov probably for me, he's been unlucky not to score the last few weeks, he's ready to breakout.

Don't gamble with your captain choice, this has been proven time and time again. The most obvious choice over the course of the season will be best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

i'm going with cazorla at home to west brom. he's been below par since spurs but looked the only one threatening to do something against swansea. he was rested in midweek and west brom are starting to slip away with a few back to back losses.

bale and suarez are out, could go fellaini or rvp but i think the latter will struggle against city's defenders.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Why are so many people contemplating Berbatov? I have in my team and will be getting rid of him next week

Melion wrote: »
    Why are so many people contemplating Berbatov? I have in my team and will be getting rid of him next week

I just think he is a super player, he seems to have played very well in the past 4 weeks without scoring any goals, the first of those 4 he was in a 10 man team and the other 3 were very tough matches(away to stoke and chelsea and home to spurs), before that he had 5 goals and 3 assists in 6 full matches, his next 7 matches look fairly good

roryc wrote: »
    Don't gamble with your captain choice, this has been proven time and time again. The most obvious choice over the course of the season will be best.

If you gamble ten weeks out of ten, you will do well 3 or 4 times and you will have a super sense of achievement and fulfillment that you were able to spot the guy that did well!

If you pick the safest most reliable captain choice ten weeks out of ten, you will do well 6 or 7 times out of ten, and while you will not be able to pat yourself on the back that you took the risky option, the 40 points gained on your rivals will console you :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Dice75 wrote: »
    Out on a limb with Adam Johnson

I'm thinking of goin with him too. Has got assists or goals in last few games. Over 2 games I think he might do ok

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Melion wrote: »

I could very well be doing the same. Form reads 2,2,2,2. Fulham haven't scored in their last three games. Might be different with Kacaniklic being back but I'll wait and see what happens.

Captain this week is really a lottery. Silva, Giroud, Fellaini, Johnson and RVP are the ones I could go with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Struggling with a decision this week. Michu's form is electric, but Norwich haven't lost since October 6th :eek: They've drawn their last 4 away games, three 1-1 results and a 0-0, so recent history suggests there won't be a flurry of goals.

Still have it on him at the moment, but that could change. Contemplating one of Fellaini (haven't checked, but something tells me Everton have a good record against Spurs); Tevez (rotation risk, but you'd fancy your gran to score against United with their current defensive form :(); or Berbatov (Fulham's form is off-putting, but Newcastle haven't been any great shakes either). Santi Carzola is a sneaky outsider but Arsenal are far too erratic to rely on right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Brought in Rooney and captaincy straight on him. have a feeling the UTD City game could be an absolute clusterfcuk when it comes to goals!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭yozico

Was thinking about Cazorla too, but Arsenal's form is a worry.
    The other option is Michu, But Norwich's form is also a worry...:mad:

Advertisement