Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberty Car Insurance

Options
  • 06-12-2012 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi Folks, Does liberty insurance cover the driving of other cars that are not owned by the policy holder for over 25 with full license?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Don't even have to be over 25. Once you have a fully comp policy yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Brian.D

What if you only go for third party will you still get it & if the other car you want to drive is insured already by another company does your policy cover there car or is it there policy as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Brian.D wrote: »
    What if you only go for third party will you still get it & if the other car you want to drive is insured already by another company does your policy cover there car or is it there policy as well.

You need to either check your policy or call Liberty and see if it's an option.

No one here could comment definitively given the amount of options you can have on a car insurance policy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

OP, I'm going to move this into the Liberty Talk to forum-the reps can provide an official response.

Thanks,
    Nicola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Liberty Insurance: Catherine

Hi Everyone

Just to provide some clarity on some of the questions raised here:

Hi Folks, Does liberty insurance cover the driving of other cars that are not owned by the policy holder for over 25 with full license?

Don't even have to be over 25. Once you have a fully comp policy yourself

Brian.D, Ardennes1944 is correct in saying that there is no age restriction, but you do need to hold a full licence to have the extension. To clarify, you do not need to have comprehensive cover with us to have the driving other cars extension. Our third party fire and theft policies also include this benefit. There are some restrictions though, so it is important to check your certificate of insurance to see if you have this cover. If you want to PM me your details, I can check it for you either.

One further thing to clarify here, your driving other cars extension provides you with third party only cover, so the car you are driving won't be covered. You would need to be insured on the vehicle owner's policy if you want their car to be covered too.
    I hope this helps, but let me know if you need any more information.

Regards

Catherine

• Advertisement

Hi Catherine, So lets say my car wont start & a friend who is with the same insurance company says he can lend me his car to get from a to b would i be covered for that short period of time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Liberty Insurance: Catherine

Hi Brian.D

Yes, as long as your insurance certificate shows you are covered to drive other cars. The cover would be third party only, i.e. damage to your friends car would not be covered but liability to other people and their property is covered. We are happy to check your cover for you or provide more details by phone if you prefer. Just PM me your details.

Hi Brian.D

Yes, as long as your insurance certificate shows you are covered to drive other cars. The cover would be third party only, i.e. damage to your friends car would not be covered but liability to other people and their property is covered. We are happy to check your cover for you or provide more details by phone if you prefer. Just PM me your details.
    Cheers Catherine I'll pm you.

Advertisement