Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping up north

Options
  • 06-12-2012 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Is it still worth it to go up North to shop or whats the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

dwainec wrote: »

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

jmorrisey wrote: »
    Yep

could you elaborate? I want to go to Blanch or up North, up north in Newry seems to have a great selection of shops and all, just wondering is it better value up there for what i want. Clothes, aftershaves, and alcohol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Funny you should mention this.

2 economists on RTE this evening both saying this harsh budget would drive people back up north and over the border to do their shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Nah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

I live slap bang between Dundalk and Newry (just in Co.Louth) and I would rarely go to Newry.....Damn all of a difference for me so can't see anyone coming from Dublin/Meath/Kildare/etc making it worth their while.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies lads maybe Blanch is the option

Thanks for the replies lads maybe Blanch is the option

Whats on the shopping list??.......and maybe we can help you out here.:)

paddy147 wrote: »
    Whats on the shopping list??.......and maybe we can help you out here.:)

Clothes (Jeans, Hoodies, T shirts, Track bottoms, shirts, Runners, Astro boots, football boots)

Xbox Games
    PS3 Games

Beer

Aftershaves

Clothes (Jeans, Hoodies, T shirts, Track bottoms, shirts, Runners, Astro boots, football boots)

Xbox Games
    PS3 Games

Beer

Aftershaves

Dundrum,Blanch or Liffey Valley

For Dundrum get the Luas or bus,as when we went there in the car last week,it was mental in the multi storey carpark.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Driving for hours, waiting in traffic to park, standing in line to get served, getting bumped around by rude ignorant brain dead sheep (shoppers), paying over the odds because you are in a shop, getting cold and wet and tired, why bother.
    This year I have done most of my shopping online and Im saving money, no frustration, and its nice a cosy beside the fire which makes the beer even nicer.

• Advertisement

Fuh Q wrote: »
    Driving for hours, waiting in traffic to park, standing in line to get served, getting bumped around by rude ignorant brain dead sheep (shoppers), paying over the odds because you are in a shop, getting cold and wet and tired, why bother.
    This year I have done most of my shopping online and Im saving money, no frustration, and its nice a cosy beside the fire which makes the beer even nicer.

what onlines sites do you use, i'm using mandmdirect but not sure of others?

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

I'm very lazy when it comes to shopping. In recent years I have bought what I can on Amazon. I am finding more and more that it's cheaper to buy in a shop in Dublin.

Smiths for Toys. Electric goods in the usual shops in Dublin. My local bike shop is cheaper now too.

Shop local boss.

Advertisement