Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External hard drive/multimedia hard drive

Options
  • 06-12-2012 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi guys,

Looking to buy an external hard drive/multimedia this Xmas. Either 500GB or 1TB. I have discovered the multimedia hard drives are more expensive than a normal external hard drive, I'm assuming this is because they're easier to connect to a tv?

I bought myself an external last year & it connects grand to my tv because I have a USB port on it.

Any one have any reccs on external hard drives that can connect to a tv that doesn't have a USB port or will I have to buy a multimedia hard drive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

Got a WD 2TB in peats for 170 euro. Connects to TV via HDMI and to computer via USB2.
    Seems to play everything including iso files.
    Only thing I dont like is there is no on/off switch so its always on unless you use remote to switch off.

Advertisement