Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stolen motorbike dublin city

• 06-12-2012 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

4271558Hi Everyone,

<snip>I want your help in finding my Stolen Motorbike..Its a unique orange color 125 cc Hysoung motorbike..2008 model excellent condition..big back tyre and smooth engine...has a crack on the wind shield in front...

Last seen yesterday morning at my house near phoniex park, North circular Road...Garda is investigating the matter and is on hunt to get the person involved....

If anyone have noticed an Orange color Hysoung sports bike please contact 01-6668200... Bride well Garda Station...4271558

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Moved to Motorbikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Hope you get it back, but as for the gardai investigating it, from my experience they'll type it up on their invisible typewriter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

They will probs check known dumping grounds for them but other than that i dont think they do much tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

4271558Hi Everyone,

<snip>I want your help in finding my Stolen Motorbike..Its a unique orange color 125 cc Hysoung motorbike..2008 model excellent condition..big back tyre and smooth engine...has a crack on the wind shield in front...

Last seen yesterday morning at my house near phoniex park, North circular Road...Garda is investigating the matter and is on hunt to get the person involved....

If anyone have noticed an Orange color Hysoung sports bike please contact 01-6668200... Bride well Garda Station...4271558

I'm really sorry to hear this. I'll keep an eye out. I hope you get it back. Can I ask if it was locked, or what?

I just moved into an apartment in city centre. Already had an attempt to steal my bicycle from a small underground car park. My moto wasn't there at the time. I'm due to get a new motorbike in Jan and the thoughts of it being targetted is sucking all the joy out of it. Scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Cienciano wrote: »
    Hope you get it back, but as for the gardai investigating it, from my experience they'll type it up on their invisible typewriter.

i don't agree with that. I had a motorbike stolen on me a few years back and the gardai found it within the week. the people who stole it wrecked it mind you but the gardai were very helpfull.

hope you get your bike back op, will keep an eye out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I live near you OP, I'll keep my eyes open.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Xaime

Will keep an eye out for it. Hope you get it back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Thats a bit harsh.......they do have more important things to deal with, like finding all those missing penalty points...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Gardai have much better things to be doing besides driving around all day looking out for stolen bikes.

Once a bike is reported stolen it is logged into the pulse system, there is a some chance that it could be be detected through mobile ANPR, during a road side tax check or if someone reports seeing it lying up suspiciously somewhere.

Gardai helped recover two bikes that I had nicked on me over the years and in one instance they caught two scumbags trying to push start it.

Gardai have much better things to be doing besides driving around all day looking out for stolen bikes.

Once a bike is reported stolen it is logged into the pulse system, there is a some chance that it could be be detected through mobile ANPR, during a road side tax check or if someone reports seeing it lying up suspiciously somewhere.

Gardai helped recover two bikes that I had nicked on me over the years and in one instance they caught two scumbags trying to push start it.
    I don't expect them to have an entire team working on it. Obviously some people get a decent response, but I had 4 experiences with bikes being robbed and all of them the gardai couldn't care less.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I don't expect them to have an entire team working on it. Obviously some people get a decent response, but I had 4 experiences with bikes being robbed and all of them the gardai couldn't care less.
    4 robbed is a hell of a lot of bikes to get robbed. and over what time frame?

What type of security are you using?

I don't expect the cops to find my bikes,you also have to do your own homework, Biker.ie and other bike forums, contact MCC etc its a bonus if they do. I wouldn't leave anything half decent in the city at night unless it is secured to a fixed object with an Almax.

4 robbed is a hell of a lot of bikes to get robbed. and over what time frame?

What type of security are you using?

I don't expect the cops to find my bikes,you also have to do your own homework, Biker.ie and other bike forums, contact MCC etc its a bonus if they do. I wouldn't leave anything half decent in the city at night unless it is secured to a fixed object with an Almax.

Not all my bikes! Over about 10 years, one was 3 bikes stolen from a bikeshop, another was a top box taken, one was a mates bike, another was a bike from a gaff I was living in. As I said, don't expect a forensics team to spend a month on it, but you'd at least expect a garda to the basics, like look at the security footage, take frame numbers off you, call down to a place where €40k worth of bikes were taken etc etc.

Agreed on the almax, and if you know the right people in the right areas, you have the best chance of getting the bike back. Knew a lad from finglas that knew a lad that knew a lad ;)
    He could find out about almost every stolen bike in Dublin.

Advertisement