Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aaagh

• 06-12-2012 1:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

I just washed the floors, not thinking I let the cats into the room half an hour later, it was all well dried in but will there be residue on their paws?? Should I wash them?! Panicking now!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Mine walk across floors when wet all the time, don't worry, whatever you use should be well diluted and do no harm.
    I'm sure they walk through all kinds of stuff outside and in every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Thanks, I was just in a bit of a panic last night, all is well again! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

My cats enjoy walking on my freshly washed floors, I think they feel it's obligatory at this stage to make a paw mark pattern on the wet floors:), I use Flash diluteable and it's never done them any harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Your floor is not properly clean until your pet inspects it.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

I love when you just hoover the floor and cats think its great craic to lie on their side and drag themselves along the carpet with their claws... Sure they had to replace the hair I cleaned up! Or lil muddy pawprints all over the tiles so sweet! My ma goes mad tho!

• Advertisement

In our house it's fresh litter, if they see the tray has had a full clean out and change (not just the daily bits) they will get in there straight away and do their business, even if they don't need to go! Little buggers... The first day we changed from clay pebbles to wood pellets we couldn't find Peach for ages.. she thought the wood stuff was a great bed and was conked out in the tray (which has a hood and flap so we didn't notice her for ages!) But at least they didn't die from walking on my freshly washed floors. I always panic too easily :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Putting fresh covers on the bed is another story. That has to be inspected as well...a bed without paw prints or hair is a no go :D

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Putting fresh covers on the bed is another story. That has to be inspected as well...a bed without paw prints or hair is a no go :D

One of our cats can't abide a freshly laundered white pillowcase. He has to gallop up the stairs and leave some muddy paw prints on it while I'm lying on it that night.:D

One of our cats can't abide a freshly laundered white pillowcase. He has to gallop up the stairs and leave some muddy paw prints on it while I'm lying on it that night.:D

But that's very nice, he leaves the whole pillow for you to sleep on? I'm happy enough, if one of my Toms leaves half of the pillow for me, he thinks it's his pillow :D

Trying to make the bed is great craic all together, Peach gets under the sheet when we are trying to fit it and runs up and down the bed like a lunatic!

• Advertisement

Trying to make the bed is great craic all together, Peach gets under the sheet when we are trying to fit it and runs up and down the bed like a lunatic!

Do you have fitted sheets? That's real fun for them, I only manage to do three corners at a time, my Toms even do some teamwork, one Tom at a corner each, taking the sheet off. I'm sure, they both have a good laugh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

It's all about the fresh litter box in our house, as soon as it's clean he goes in and stinks it up again.

Lars1916 wrote: »
    But that's very nice, he leaves the whole pillow for you to sleep on? I'm happy enough, if one of my Toms leaves half of the pillow for me, he thinks it's his pillow :D
    Nope, he has to sit on the pillow on the top of my head, nibbling my hair and purring in my ear:) He dashes up the stairs so fast his damp muddy paws don't have time to dry. So in the morning there are paw prints on the sheet at the side of the bed and on the pillow. Just as well I adore my cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

What on earth are you putting on the floors? Sounds like a HAZMAT area.

Advertisement