Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Au Pair

Options
  • 06-12-2012 8:10am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have an au pair? What are your experiences and can you recommend a good agency?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

We currently have our fourth au-pair ( each one stays with us for a year which is what suits us). I know I've posted on threads here before about it. Our experiences have all been good but like everyone else I've heard some horror stories. Why don't you do a search to see other threads and if you have specific questions come back and ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

hi o.p.
    our au-pair started in august. for the first couple of weeks there were teething problems due to us both finding our feet.but to this day shes still our au-pair. i suppose we were lucky in that she had a keen interest in getting the job. so far our experiences with her have been mainly excellent. but as i said in other threads she has told us horror stories of her friends being badly treated by host families. the downside to any live in au-pair is privacy as a family even though she does go her room to give us the privacy as well as keep in touch with her own family. shes that keen on keeping the job that recently she spoke to us about staying with us for as long as we want her to stay.
    heres thread i started earlier on during the year. it might give a bit more advice.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79917214
    it's all about the luck of the draw in getting a suitable au-pair. main thing is interviews and follow up any references they might have.
    we found our au-pair through this site.
    http://www.aupair-world.net/
    hope this is of some help, if you've any questions please feel free to pm me.
    D.T.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Maigh Eo

Hi
    I have never been an aupair but I have a keen interest to be one in Italy for the Summer months, I have joined up with www.newaupair.com and not sure if I am getting anywhere with it, could anybody suggest any other websites.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 oranmore2013

I know an English school in Galway, they are looking for au pair families and au pair. If you are interested this is your email address aupair@hiteceducation.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 oranmore2013

The school is in Oranmore!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement