Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1/2 Marathons in February

Options
  • 06-12-2012 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi all,

I know there is a sticky with the races coming up in 2012/2013 but I can't seem to access the Google Document to see the contents.

I'm looking for 1/2 marathon races in Ireland in February ...are there many out there?!!
    Many thanks

The Rook

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

There's nothing in February as far as I know.

There are some in March, Omagh and Larne in the North, Tralee in Kerry, but I don't think there are any earlier ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

www.runmountjuliet.ie

Half marathon/10k/3k 16th Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Bothermeen [aka Meath spring half] is on first weekend in march and is a very well organised club race witha low entry fee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

www.runmountjuliet.ie

Half marathon/10k/3k 16th Feb
    It's on my doorstep but 40 euro for a first time event is too dear for me. And I reckon it will be hilly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

It's on my doorstep but 40 euro for a first time event is too dear for me. And I reckon it will be hilly too.

There's an elevation profile on the website and it looks incredibly hilly, was wondering if someone living locally could confirm that if they know the roads. It's on my mind to do but 40 yoyo's is a bit steep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

None in Feb as I am aware.
    Others in March
    Kinvara - 3rd March
    Wicklow - 24th March

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NoGutsNoGlory

grimbergen wrote: »
    There's an elevation profile on the website and it looks incredibly hilly, was wondering if someone living locally could confirm that if they know the roads. It's on my mind to do but 40 yoyo's is a bit steep

i have ran the route of this half.. roughly speaking ... first 2 mile slight up hill drag.. then 1.5 mile downhill - fast.. then a mother of a hill for about 0.5 mile,:eek: then downhill for 2/3 miles. after stoneyford village, you run up a nice hill for 1 mile then its up and down small hills for 5 miles in a loop. back into stoneyford village.. then a tough short hill. the last mile is a fast downhill.. v tough half... PB will be well earned.... it is expensive, but they seem to be promising lot. it is the first year, so there may be theeting problems etc... :D

the mount juliet estate is a lovely place, but only about 3 miles of the race is in the estate grounds ..

we all know you just dont do hils:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Can't believe the coincidence here, I was just going to post the same question! A half in February slots right into my training for the Connemarathon (17th of Feb. to be exact). Was thinking of the Mount Juliet run since it's only a day off my ideal date but there's not much information about it on that website. I'd like to know a bit more about it before I fork out for the entry fee. As for the course, I think the hills would be good prep for Connemara.

PUCK - i did conn ultra this year... in fairness the MJ half would be a nice test in training for conn..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

bound to be a few of those 100 mara club marathons on in jan/feb/march....just do a half of one..

the mount juliet half have changed there route - check out runmountjuliet.com
    they are now doing there 10km route twice as the half marathon ....
    they have big numbers signed up for the event

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

the mount juliet half have changed there route - check out runmountjuliet.com
    they are now doing there 10km route twice as the half marathon ....
    they have big numbers signed up for the event

Not good news for me as I'd hoped this would be a hilly route in advance of Connemara, anything official from the organisers to say this is the case?

nothing official from the organisers.. i think they were caught on the hop by the Guards in relation to the route.. the new route is still hilly and will defo be a test (if you run if hard)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/271429004
    mount juliet course profile (hope this works)

Advertisement