Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

300 Emulated Dos games in you browser

• 06-12-2012 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

I saw this link on PC Gamer and thought it'd be interest to people here. It's a collection of 300 dos games that you can play in your browser. There's quite a selection for anyone feeling nostalgic.

It's made up of freeware, shareware and demos of games, and is perfect for a 5-10 minute blast.

http://www.classicdosgames.com/online.html

It's a bizarrely eclectic mix of games. There's demos for the likes for Indiana Jones & The Fate Of Atlantis and Alien Breed, and then old school freeware games like the Hugo adventure games (anyone else remember them?) and EGA Trek.

I'm having a bit of a nostalgia-gasm at the moment, so I'll leave you to explore the site yourselves.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ahh, Descent. How i loved you back in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I used to play Captain Comic waaaaaaay back in the day, one of my earliest memories! Thanks so much humanji.

Edit: Oh my God, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I SWEAR I will finish this game now, I always got stuck in the crypts under the library. This has made me feel very nostalgic indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

duke nukem, raptor, prince of persia, transport tycoon, zool and other gems there, cheers op. Commander keen too!!

Seems the Last Crusade is only a demo! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

qz wrote: »
    Seems the Last Crusade is only a demo! :(

read the original post again ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

warcraft 1 and 2 :D

no dune 2 though :(

Skerries wrote: »
    read the original post again ;)

Ah :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Oh my god JUMP N BUMP!!! 4 people sitting around an old time PC squashing each others rabbits. My first multiplayer pc game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Is this not illegal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Grimebox wrote: »
    Is this not illegal?
    Freeware and shareware so no.

Goodbye productivity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It doesn't have the games I played as a kid, that fancy DOS thing wasn't invented at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Dark Ages and War-8}!, two games I played as a nipper that didn't even know existed until I saw them just now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,714 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Advertisement