Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai arrest four in Clare

• 06-12-2012 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Read this on theJournal.ie last night. No other details available at the time apart from 'Those arrested were three males and one female, aged in their late 20s to late 40s'.
    They were all arrested for offences against the state act, Any idea where this happened and what its about.

Remember to keep within the 'Boards.ie' guidelines when replying!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭jupiler_beer

the news is very sketchy, no information at all. Wonder is anything in the Champion??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

Offences against the State act was usually reserved for IRA in the old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 houseinthesun

I did hear of Garda raids in Shannon last week, but nothing about arrests at the time! Never heard if they were drugs or criminal activity related.:confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

Section 30 of the Offences Against the State Act 1939, pretty much allows you to be arrested for anything that Gardaí can feel they suspect you of.

Speculate away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

were they Bankers I wonder:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

were they Bankers I wonder:rolleyes:

Fat chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

Rumour I heard was suspected IRA involvement, but as I said, it could just very well be a rumour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭jupiler_beer

Do we know where in Clare this happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Lets narrow it down, wasn't in my house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Do we know where in Clare this happened

Ennis, Shannon, East Clare. The four now released and files being prepared for the DPP.
    http://clare.fm/news/four-arrested-suspicion-dissident-involvement-released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Items including paramilitary style clothing and laptops were also reportedly recovered.

Did they steal them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 John from ennis

this still is a non story until charges have being brought.

if Shops like radar stopped selling ex army gear,(and i do know certain ppl in Ennis were barred from buying these clothes on the advice of cops)
    then these guys wouldnt be wearing them,althugh there is no law against wearing ex army gear. shur i did it myself going to school!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

A decision has been taken to lock this thread as we do not want to prejudice any current or future legal proceedings.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement