Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household charge after 2012 budget

Options
  • 06-12-2012 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I have not paid this charge (yet). After the budget are you planning on paying it now?? How are they planning on taking the household charge/property tax of us?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

If you havent registered for the household charge, you are not on the list of people who have to pay the property tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

Not me and it's going to cost the state to get it off me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

cb7 wrote: »
    I have not paid this charge (yet). After the budget are you planning on paying it now?? How are they planning on taking the household charge/property tax of us?
    Revenue will collect it, you can choose from a variety of payment methods.

From July next year, anyone who has not paid this years charge will owe double.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

[*]Property owners will be able to choose from a wide range of payment options including payment by direct debit; credit or debit cards, cash payments or “deduction at source” from salary/occupational pension or certain State payments.

Is the deduction at source an opt in or a threat ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

crusher000 wrote: »
    Is the deduction at source an opt in or a threat ?[/COLOR]
    both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

What springs to mind here is f**king with council is fine. f**king with revenue is a whole different kettle of fish........
    One issue I am finding is people who refuse to pay and then delay a house sale while they must pay the charge. What happens in 4 years time when someone sells and nothing has been paid and a stay is put on the sale until its all cleared, nice big bill??

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

Does paying it at source mean that you are paying it pre-tax? Or is it taken out after you are taxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 frosty66

Will the property tax be means tested?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Ritchi wrote: »
    Does paying it at source mean that you are paying it pre-tax? Or is it taken out after you are taxed.

must be after-tax, as you also have the option of paying by credit-card, direct debit etc which would all be after-tax income.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

loyatemu wrote: »
    must be after-tax, as you also have the option of paying by credit-card, direct debit etc which would all be after-tax income.

I imagine they will just reduce a persons tax credits by the amount applicable

• Advertisement
Advertisement