Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way of accepting payment from the UK

Options
  • 06-12-2012 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭

I recently sold an item on adverts for 80 euros. The only hitch is the buyer wants it shipped over to the UK. I got a quote from the PO and let him know that the total would be 110 euro. No problem but he wants to pay me by cheque and in sterling. He is willing to wait till the cheque clears before I send on the item . I would prefer PayPal but he doesn't have it. Is there another better way that won't take so long for clearance and won't cost me in fees and bank charges? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

An international transfer from his bank account - requires your account name, IBAN and BIC/Swift

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Western Union, may be a cheaper option for him given bank fees etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Is there some kind of a euro value draft that he could send to my address perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

youtube! wrote: »
    No problem but he wants to pay me by cheque and in sterling. He is willing to wait till the cheque clears before I send on the item .

this has SCAM written all over it (see here). Western Union is your best choice.

Advertisement