Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake Parking Tickets

Options
  • 06-12-2012 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Di anybody get those fake parking tickets around the last night ?? class !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Di anybody get those fake parking tickets around the last night ?? class !!

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/budget/news/car-owners-caught-out-by-ticket-hoax-3317422.html
    But it transpired that the tickets were part of a hoax after a prankster had printed fake parking tickets and placed them on cars in Galway city.

The hoax tickets, which closely resemble official tickets, were placed on vehicles in the Westside area. The hoax came to light when motorists contacted city council offices to complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Why would anyone go to the bother of doing such a thing? It's not as if he/she could financially benefit from it?

Weird way of getting ones kicks.

kraggy wrote: »
    Why would anyone go to the bother of doing such a thing? It's not as if he/she could financially benefit from it?

You'd never know, they might just pay up. There's always one or two that will not have the cop-on to check
    kraggy wrote: »
    Weird way of getting ones kicks.

Some of the "parking" threads will give you an idea of what kicks can be gotten out of taunting motorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

From the example posted on the Galway Advertiser facebook, I don't see how anyone could be taken in by this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151279026066941&set=a.328718251940.152812.323864916940&type=1&theater

Pretty funny that people actually rang the council to complain about these!

Mr_A wrote: »
    From the example posted on the Galway Advertiser facebook, I don't see how anyone could be taken in by this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151279026066941&set=a.328718251940.152812.323864916940&type=1&theater

Pretty funny that people actually rang the council to complain about these!

Anybody that rang in complaining about getting a "ticket" should feel a right tit after reading this:
    It is allright bud. That an offense has been committed is bollix.

It looks official until you actually read it, the Irish bits look like they're random phrases, a few of which were taken from a school book - funny when you consider that they're written as if it is an official notice citing various laws.
    Notice under section (inserted by section 93(+) of the Love Traffic Act 2026) and as amended by Section Ara Get Away Outta That 2006 of the Local Lunatics (Bird Wardens) Act 2075

Tá mo geansaí dearg (ara chuir isteach so bosca bui 12 (I) den Rialacha na Leathcheann 2092)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

I think its a prank in very poor taste to be honest.
    Fine, most of the people who seen them would have copped that it was a joke and threw them away. But for some others it would just cause stress and confusion. Elderly drivers for example.

Some people have FAR too much time on their hands

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

GastroBoy wrote: »
    Some people have FAR too much time on their hands
    I know right, who the hell bothers whinging about a joke??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

Oh seriously you could see they were fake without even picking one up. I saw several on cars and just assumed they were some form of advertising exercise. Real ones are in a plastic bag.

As it happens several of the cars I saw were illegally parked and really should be getting real tickets. Certain parts of town have next to no enforcement of the parking regulations.

It's a bit of a daft prank, someone wasting their money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

antoobrien wrote: »

You'd never know, they might just pay up. There's always one or two that will not have the cop-on to check

Some of the "parking" threads will give you an idea of what kicks can be gotten out of taunting motorists.

But tickets are paid in city hall. The prankster wouldn't see any money regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

Took one off a car and had a look. Probably perpetrated bunch a bunch of self described 'artists and writers' otherwise students and dole drawing wannabee intellectuals/marxists/anarhcists with access to one of their Daddie's printing presses.

It's all a bit stream of consciousness stuff with a nod to Joycean prose. No doubt they're thrilled with the reaction to their attempt at situationist street art.

They'll explain their stunt in due course. We can expect some waffle about undermining and exposing the absurdity of officialdom or some other pseudo intellectual nonsense.

Ha bloody ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Should give them out to those school run mums so they **** their pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Caliden wrote: »
    Should give them out to those school run mums so they **** their pants.

Those school run, er, off-roaders would not be fazed by fake tickets. I reckon you have to have a fairly thick skin to drive up on a footpath as kids are walking to school, as happens on a daily basis in my neck of the woods.

The best way to counteract any confusion caused by fake parking tickets is to make sure the thousands of illegal parkers (most especially the ones obstructing footpaths) are thoroughly familiar with what a real parking ticket looks like. Such lessons in legal realities should be repeated ad infinitum or until cop on occurs, whichever comes first.

Advertisement