Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ewes before they lamb

Options
  • 06-12-2012 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

do you lads inject your ewes with anything prior to lambing to give the lambs a boost when they are born.
    when lambs are born is there any thing that you can give them to give them a boost that way
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

Surfn wrote: »
    do you lads inject your ewes with anything prior to lambing to give the lambs a boost when they are born.
    when lambs are born is there any thing that you can give them to give them a boost that way

I use heptavac p+ six weeks before they lamb to protect against clostridial diseases which can kill a good few lambs if you get a bad outbreak also use animax mineral boluses in the ewes cos I think it improves both lambs and ewes,
    Adequate feeding of the ewes in the last 6 weeks of pregnancy is the best way to improve the fight in your lambs and the best boost you can give them is for their mother to have enough colostrum....they need nothing else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Surfn wrote: »

Wil inject em with covexin vaccine.

I plan on giving the sheep access to lifeline buckets for minerals.

But I am not sure that's what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Heptevac p plus, you will hear some saying not to bother, but you won't hear about their losses. Also important to do the lambs themselves as soon as they are old enough as per directions, will save you € in the long run.

Advertisement