Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Every day foundation with good coverage

• 06-12-2012 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

Just looking for a bit of advice on an every day foundation, for work.

I would like it to be really quick and easy to apply, good coverage that lasts fairly well throughout the day and not too expensive.

Any recommendations?

*I use MAC studio fix fluid for going out at the weekends and I was using Avon foundation before but Avon is a pain to get makeup from so I want to get something that I can get in Boots or a chemist.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I recently changed to No.7 Stay Perfect for daytime and I have to say, I really like it. It's around €18 in Boots, not sure how much indys that stock No.7 charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

It depends what you mean by good coverage.

If you want full coverage, Revlon ColourStay is a good option. I am not a fan but many people loves Estee Lauder Double Wear and Double Wear Light as well.

I like Bourjois Healthy Mix and the Healthy Mix Serum. They're more like medium coverage and you may need to powder those according to your skin type (If you have dry skin, both should be fine w/o powder. You may need to use a powder on top, if you have oily skin).

Dior Nude is another good option. It is medium coverage. It definitely provides more coverage than Bourjois ones. But you may/may not need a powder on top with that; same as Bourjois ones. I only have the old formulation though. They recently re-formulated it. So, it might be different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭alainnbeauty

estee lauder double wear great coverage , and does not budge. debenhams has 15% off at the moment too so it should be 28 or 29 euro. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

estee lauder double wear great coverage , and does not budge. debenhams has 15% off at the moment too so it should be 28 or 29 euro. :)

How long would that last? (A month or more?)

Is it quick and easy to apply? Want something I can apply with my fingers or whatever is the easiest and quickest method to apply it early in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭alainnbeauty

Monife wrote: »
    How long would that last? (A month or more?)

Is it quick and easy to apply? Want something I can apply with my fingers or whatever is the easiest and quickest method to apply it early in the morning.

iv had my bottle for about 6 months now i use it maybe 5 times a week ,a little gos a long way , i use my fingers or a beauty blender only takes a min or two for a full coverage face. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I have to say, while I love DoubleWear for a night out or a long day like a wedding or something, I find it far too heavy for everyday wear. It's very full-on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I have to say, while I love DoubleWear for a night out or a long day like a wedding or something, I find it far too heavy for everyday wear. It's veyr full-on.

I think the same, I recently bought Double Wear light in the duty free and I must say I much prefer it. Usually for day wear I used Estee Lauders BB Creme. It's really nice on, looks very natural and doesn't even feel like you're wearing makeup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Thanks for all the replies.

I think I am going to give the No 7 a try. Sounds price-wise what I am looking for, lets hope it suits my face and has good coverage :)

By the sounds of it, I think the Estee Lauder would be a bit too heavy for day wear, like the MAC is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

the new Estee Lauder invisible fluid make up is really nice, just bought it last weekend in the duty free. Good colour match as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Regina Filange

I'm a big fan of Estee Lauder Doublewear as well, but I agree it may be too heavy for some.

• Advertisement
Advertisement