Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems with texts on Galaxy S3

• 06-12-2012 2:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

I have no idea where to put this so i just hope a mod leaves it here.

I have a very strange issue with my phone, it has just stopped receiving texts from 2 numbers. Everyone else can text me with no problems at all.

I am on emobile and to say they are unhelpful would be a serious understatement. I have tried Go Sms and Handcent and neither have resolved the issue.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Have you blocking mode enabled?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Have you blocking mode enabled?

Nope, nothing has changed on the phone. It just started happening all of a sudden at the start of the week.

Its very frustrating as it is only with these 2 numbers and some texts come through with no problems.

Its nothing to do with the amount of texts allowed on the phone either as i have that option unchecked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

This happened my wife before, she couldn't get texts from me or if she did they'd be hours late all others seemed to be fine. It was fine when she used a different phone which isn't exactly a solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

I have this problem too but I also had it with my old Blackberry. I think it might be the network but when I rang they said they had no way of tracing what texts had been sent to me :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

have you tried using other messaging apps?

does it happen with go sms etc? and are you stock firmware and messaging app?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi OP,

I had a similar problem.

May I suggest you try some of your own testing. Getting issues resolved with eMobile can be frustrating alright.

Try getting either or both senders to text your wifes current phone.
    Then put the SIM into a different phone and get senders to resend.

If you don't get the messages on either phones, it would appear to be a network issue.

Otherwise you now know it's a phone issue.

Next up... checking the settings on the phone. What ROM is on the S3 - stock eMobile?
    You say you've checked that Blocking is not enabled.
    Is it possible that someone accidently selected to block the individual numbers? Check both contacts in the phone book.

BN

Advertisement