Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Wild Card

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

I'm still not fully convinced on my backline including keepers, any advice

so looks like you will be relying on 2 stoke CS every week.. wouldn't be me! i'd go huth > gibbs and nastasic > zab

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm still not fully convinced on my backline including keepers, any advice
    Begovic to de gae and shawcross to cameron will save you 1.2 and make you stronger. You could then upgrade goorks to someone like cuellar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Begovic to de gae and shawcross to cameron will save you 1.2 and make you stronger. You could then upgrade goorks to someone like cuellar.
    I'm contemplating De Gea too but then ill have to sell Rafael .....and I love him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Played wildcard and shipped out RVP in order to strengthen elsewhere(everywhere) in my team, am I mad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Shane732 wrote: »
    Can't really understand why people are all jumping on the WC bandwagon so early.

even though i'm doing well, my defence is an absolute shambles, and i've been getting by on one or 2 big scorers the last couple of GWs.

i've actually been a little fortunate.

i need to change a few things.

also, it's a little out of boredom :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

SickBoy wrote: »
    Played wildcard and shipped out RVP in order to strengthen elsewhere(everywhere) in my team, am I mad?

Certifiable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Short answer... yes! he is a goal machine! had a few quiet games in a row at one point but he is FF gold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

even if rvp cost 16million Id still have him in my team

km79 wrote: »
    I'm contemplating De Gea too but then ill have to sell Rafael .....and I love him :D
    no place for emotion in this game:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Donerkebab

c43da60bb456c6c41c540765cb3fb6fe.png?1357168725

Opinions? Last striker? Keep Suarez and change something else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Currently my WC team has come down to Bale (with Pog as bench fodder) vs Suarez (with Guthrie or maybe Marvaeux as bench fodder). What do people think?

fixed my back line. can definitely see aguero outscoring suarez in the 2nd half of the season with sturridge going to pool + few hard fixtures where i can see suarez going missing over the next few games weeks. the 2 reading players should never see any game time. any criticism welcome

24ba7bc1f69134c5346e9c2fc492b1a0.png?1357168896

Hasnt been as many transfers as I thought there would be. Chasing price rises so in come zabelata suarez and Azipulcueta. Although could end up keeping zab and suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

KevIRL wrote: »
    Certifiable
    Short answer... yes! he is a goal machine! had a few quiet games in a row at one point but he is FF gold!
    km79 wrote: »
    even if rvp cost 16million Id still have him in my team

Thing is I'm ~1050 once bonus points are added for tonight's games and keeping RVP in the team will almost certainly force me to captain him most weeks and I'll never make ground on people like that because most teams will have him and will 90% of the time also captain him. That leaves the rest of my team to make up the ground so rather than trying to make diferentials with mid priced players my plan is to have high priced diferentials.
    Maybe I've lost the plot?? :o

darego wrote: »
    fixed my back line. can definitely see aguero outscoring suarez in the 2nd half of the season with sturridge going to pool + few hard fixtures where i can see suarez going missing over the next few games weeks. the 2 reading players should never see any game time. any criticism welcome

nice team almost identical to what Im looking at apart from Ruiz instead of pog.

also wanted ruiz but couldn't afford him. no point downgrading elsewhere just to upgrade bench fodder :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

T8UIT.png

Close to hitting the button on this. Opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Naughton is very tempting but BAE is nearly back from injury. Once he is he'll start every game and you'll be left with a bench warmer.

also wanted ruiz but couldn't afford him. no point downgrading elsewhere just to upgrade bench fodder :p
    The only doubt I have with my team is Mata I could downgrade him for puncheon and get suarez in instead of ruiz.

• Advertisement

i would personally take mata over suarez for the rest of the season. can see suarez going missing in the next few weeks with their fixtures, then we sturridge finds his feet at pool, it will surely hurt suarez

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Naughton is very tempting but BAE is nearly back from injury. Once he is he'll start every game and you'll be left with a bench warmer.

Ben Davies from Swansea maybe.

not sure about getting rid of begovic though.. he's some keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm hovering over taking a 4 point hit and keeping my wildcard til the end of the month. I don't feel the urge to use it and want to wait and see who present themselves over the next few weeks.

Th 4 point hit involves:
    Torres->Suarez
    Pienaar->Fellaini
    Brunt->Marveaux.

This is mainly to combat the price hikes that will certainly occur in the next few days. Surely worth 4 points over the rest of the season to be certain of having Suarez and Fellaini in my team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thinking about getting in Anichebe over Pog as my cheap striker, same price and has scored near enough the same points as Pog in half the number of minutes. Also thinking about getting Silva in instead of Mata as I want Bale but also want Michu Fellaini and Walcott. Just think City are going to hit form and it's going to be hard for Mata to maintain his current level of performance.

ye begovic has been the best keeper in the league this year but with stoke nearly safe from the drop I think they may try to become a more attacking side for the second half of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Thing is I'm ~1050 once bonus points are added for tonight's games and keeping RVP in the team will almost certainly force me to captain him most weeks and I'll never make ground on people like that because most teams will have him and will 90% of the time also captain him. That leaves the rest of my team to make up the ground so rather than trying to make diferentials with mid priced players my plan is to have high priced diferentials.
    Maybe I've lost the plot?? :o

I believe you have. You do not, repeat NOT, catch up by dropping the highest scoring player in the game. It's utter madness.

Take this week. If you captain RVP like your rivals, you hope your other 10 beat his other 10 to start closing the gap. On the other hand, say you captained Mata, you now have to hope that your 10 beat his 10 by THIRTY points just to keep up!

Madness I tell ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

The only doubt I have with my team is Mata I could downgrade him for puncheon and get suarez in instead of ruiz.

Suarez, in my mind, is essential.

In fact, look at his points tally against Sunderland tonight....

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Suarez, in my mind, is essential.

In fact, look at his points tally against Sunderland tonight....

:pac:

Brilliant. He has more points than a lot of people's whole fantasy teams. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Just checked it again there, apparently he had 436 assists tonight also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Just checked it again there, apparently he had 436 assists tonight also

Its coming up as 260 assists for tonight when I look at it with no goals scored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Sure thats nothing, Sterling scored 260 goals in only 18 minutes :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

tom_k wrote: »
    Sure thats nothing, Sterling scored 260 goals in only 18 minutes :D

You'd think they would have given him the 3 bonus points

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Looking for some opinions on changes that I am considering. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Currently have:
    Begovic (5.1)
    Bunn (4.1)

Shawcross (5.5)
    Azpilicueta (5.6)
    Davies (4.1)
    Gibbs (5.5)
    O'Brien (4.4)

Guthrie (4.1)
    Gerrard (9.4)
    Mata (9.7)
    Michu (7.4)
    Sterling (5.0)

Torres (9.7)
    Suarez (10.0)
    VanPersie (13.5)

Have 2.2m in the bank too.

Change 1: Sterling to Walcott (9.0) - reasoning being that I was to remove the over dependence that I have on Liverpool in my midfield. Only brought in Gerrard last week expect him to continue his recent form. Sterling will likely go up over night too. Not completely invested in Walcott but I expect his value to keep shooting up so wouldn't mind getting in on that action. Also been toying with Bale and Corzola.

Change 2: Torres to Dzeko (7.3) - the transfer of Ba will likely mean that Torres will be rotated a lot more. Aguero being injured will result in Dzeko continuing to get game time. Also been toying with Tevez (who I had up to 3 weeks ago) or Cisse (who I think will ramp up big time now that Ba is leaving).

Hoping that Torres and Sterling will both go up over the next night or two and will then start looking at making changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

@Jesus,

Torres has to go. Tough game vs Stoke next and he won't fancy it. I wouldn't be surprised if Ba was given the nod ahead of him for his first game. Benitez as much as he adores Fernando will be getting as frustrated as his FPL owners. How many chances does he need to score?

I'm not completely sure on Dzeko though or a Man City striker at the moment. Mancini has a habit of making stupid decisions and not playing his in form strikers. Berbatov who has three home game coming up in four and will play barring injury would be a better option but that's just what I think.

Not 100% sure why Sterling was taken off earlyish tonight but he's a good option for a cheap midfielder. Guthrie is who I would be looking to chop there. I think you would still have enough for Walcott too with Berba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

3imFB.png->6GySQ.png

0.3 in the bank after this. Lack of City cover is a little worrying I know but with so few guaranteed starters, coupled with high prices I think it's worth it.

Also with Ba likely to go to Chelsea now I think he'd be getting higher scores, if not I might switch him to Defoe.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

wouldn't get ba in just yet, we need see how much rotation is going to happen between him and torres. if benitez starts both of them upfront he will be the next must have imo

wouldn't go near ba just yet, we need see how much rotation is going to happen between him and torres. if benitez starts both of them upfront he will be the next must have imo

Well I have him already so that's why he's there. Who would you suggest replacing him with, should he suffer from rotation?

Any thoughts on this instead?

S0hoN.png

0 in the bank

anyone know when bale and fellani can start rising again

gambles all failed so I've no cash and a ****e team!

Going to Wildcard to this

T P P CP SP PP NR
    Begovic Goalkeeper £5.8 £5.1 £4.5 CHE (H)
    Federici Goalkeeper £4.3 £4.3 £4.3 WBA (H)
    O'Brien Defender £4.5 £4.5 £4.5 SUN (A)
    Zabaleta Defender £5.9 £5.9 £5.9 ARS (A)
    Cameron Defender £4.9 £4.8 £4.7 CHE (H)
    Davies Defender £4.2 £4.2 £4.2 EVE (A)
    Harte Defender £3.8 £3.8 £3.8 WBA (H)
    Mata Midfielder £9.9 £9.7 £9.6 STK (A)
    Walcott Midfielder £9.0 £8.9 £8.9 MCI (H)
    Marveaux Midfielder £4.3 £4.3 £4.3 NOR (A)
    Sterling Midfielder £5.6 £5.6 £5.6 MUN (A)
    Michu Midfielder £8.2 £8.0 £7.8 EVE (A)
    Berbatov Forward £7.1 £7.1 £7.5 WIG (H)
    Van Persie Forward £14.0 £14.0 £14.0 LIV (H)
    Suarez Forward £10.3 £10.3 £10.3 MUN (A)

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

No idea but I'm happy enough with them staying frozen for a while longer. Using those two spots to hopefully nick some free cash from Marveaux and Puncheon

can't see puncheon rising to 5m by the end of the week after he goes up tonight can you? took long enough to get this rise

roryc wrote: »
    No idea but I'm happy enough with them staying frozen for a while longer. Using those two spots to hopefully nick some free cash from Marveaux and Puncheon
    ye im in the same boat as you. Puncheon should go up tonight, Joey o Brien is flying up. I got in Suarez and Zab last nite should get a .2 out of both of them. Hasnt been as many transfers as I thought Torres misfiring again last night cost us a .1 and people have started shipping out Mata.

can't see puncheon rising to 5m by the end of the week after he goes up tonight can you? took long enough to get this rise

I think Sterling scoring will slow it down (for both Puncheon and Marveaux), but still think he'll hit £5m.

Transfers have been slow in general, expect to see it pick up a bit tomorrow and Saturday.

@roryc

Any suggestions on my latest Wildcard ventures? Dunno what to do still. I know I need Walcott and I will definitely be having him for the DGW, and more than likely as my captain?

Any help appreciated :P

Your best one yet. Obviously it depends on whether Aguero starts although it's worth the risk if he is guaranteed to be back for the Fulham game. I'm thinking of taking the risk over Suarez tbh, will decide just before the deadline!

You're £5m short of what I have to spend, but in reality all this means is Puncheon instead of Bale. The rest of our teams are almost identical, if not equal in strength.

roryc wrote: »
    Your best one yet. Obviously it depends on whether Aguero starts although it's worth the risk if he is guaranteed to be back for the Fulham game. I'm thinking of taking the risk over Suarez tbh, will decide just before the deadline!

You're £5m short of what I have to spend, but in reality all this means is Puncheon instead of Bale. The rest of our teams are almost identical, if not equal in strength.

Yea, I wasn't very smart with my money, and in reality Tevez cost me that 5m. I think Mata is a better option than Bale long run for me, he's guaranteed a game and come up with the goods most weeks, whereas Bale you're stuck with a good few 2s for a double figure score once every few weeks.

I can't decide Suarez or Aguero, and what impact would Sturridge have on Suarez performances?

Aguero looks like Mancini's main man at the minute though that's why I had him in.

Ice87 wrote: »
    @Jesus,

Torres has to go. Tough game vs Stoke next and he won't fancy it. I wouldn't be surprised if Ba was given the nod ahead of him for his first game. Benitez as much as he adores Fernando will be getting as frustrated as his FPL owners. How many chances does he need to score?

Yep, agree that Torres has to go. He is nailed on as far as I am concerned.
    I'm not completely sure on Dzeko though or a Man City striker at the moment. Mancini has a habit of making stupid decisions and not playing his in form strikers. Berbatov who has three home game coming up in four and will play barring injury would be a better option but that's just what I think.

I am working on the assumption that Aquero is out for a few weeks and that Dzeko has played quite a bit in the previous two games - high scorer in those too.

You are right about Mancini though, I am a bit worried about what decisions he might make.

Had Berbatov in before so not adverse to going back there.
    Not 100% sure why Sterling was taken off earlyish tonight but he's a good option for a cheap midfielder. Guthrie is who I would be looking to chop there. I think you would still have enough for Walcott too with Berba.

Sterling is great value for money but he isn't really earning that many points. I am also pretty happy with how Gerrard is doing and am worried about having Gerrard, Suarez and Sterling in my team - paid off this weekend but that was a fluke in all reality.

I tend to work with two throw away (lowest value possible) subs and one decent sub, hence having Guthrie in there.

Thanks for the reply dude. Added some comments inline - so much easier :)

I suppose I could change Guthrie to Walcott and change Torres to Berbatov. Makes for a very strong team but I fall 0.1m short so would have to change a defender - would also mean that Sterling would probably end up on the bench quite a bit.

**** it, done what I always do and have gone with my gut and settled on:
    Begovic (5.1)
    Bunn (4.1)

Shawcross (5.5)
    Azpilicueta (5.6)
    Davies (4.1)
    Gibbs (5.5)
    O'Brien (4.4)

Marveaux (4.3)
    Gerrard (9.4)
    Mata (9.7)
    Michu (7.4)
    Walcott (9.0)

Dzeko (7.3)
    Suarez (10.0)
    VanPersie (13.5)

Have 0.4 m in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Now looking at this

Leaves me light in defense, but ooh look at that front 7 :)

Fantasy+Premier+League+-+The+official+fantasy+football+game+of+the+Barclays+Premier+League.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement