Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Wild Card

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Here's my latest draft with zero funds left.

Capture.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

manual_man wrote: »
    Now looking at this

Leaves me light in defense, but ooh look at that front 7 :)

It's a decent gamble to have another striker over Michu, but you really are losing out in defense.

I would get rid of Begovic, you already have Stoke cover in Shawcross and Stoke have tough fixtures coming up. As I said already I'd get in De Gea for 0.2 saving. You could swap Baker for Demel (double game week).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

I don't know whether to pay my WC now or wait until after the cup games? Will it make a difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

roryc wrote: »

It's a decent gamble to have another striker over Michu, but you really are losing out in defense.

I would get rid of Begovic, you already have Stoke cover in Shawcross and Stoke have tough fixtures coming up. As I said already I'd get in De Gea for 0.2 saving. You could swap Baker for Demel (double game week).

It's the price i pay for having those 3 up front. may think about Demel, though he's been dropped alot lately. i have to disagree about Stoke, apart from the next one v Chelsea, the fixtures are actually decent for a while, after which point i may then consider De Gea, and maybe Evans too, as traditionally it's February/March time when United go on a clean sheet spree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

BroLo wrote: »
    I don't know whether to pay my WC now or wait until after the cup games? Will it make a difference?

What I am curious about is say I make a transfer now using my Wildcard - brought in Marveaux today for example. If he goes up in value over the next day or two and I replace him with someone else next week, do I keep the amount he increased by?

What I am curious about is say I make a transfer now using my Wildcard - brought in Marveaux today for example. If he goes up in value over the next day or two and I replace him with someone else next week, do I keep the amount he increased by?

As far as I know you do, obviously the normal rules would apply, rise by .2 to get a .1 profit.

I'm not 100% though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

As far as I know you do, obviously the normal rules would apply, rise by .2 to get a .1 profit.

I'm not 100% though

this.

Fxm2v.png

Think I'm gonna pull the trigger on this one. Barring injury, but as it's a WC I'll be able to change someone out if they do get injured, right?

Is anyone a transfer risk? Walcott looks likely to stay so he's safe enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Jaaskelainen
    Mignolet
    Azpilicueta
    Shawcross
    Rafael
    Nelsen
    Demel
    Puncheon
    Bale
    Fellaini
    Michu
    Sterling
    Aguero
    Van Persie
    Suarez

Thoughts\suggestions on this team !?
    0.2 left in the bank....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's fine.

keep an eye on Sterling though.

i don't know how guaranteed of a starting spot he'll be, even though he was very good last night. he's very much your 8th choice out of your front 8 though, so it might be absolutely no problem.

i'd also make sure you're completely comfortable with no Mata or Hazard.

also, Rafael is a rotation risk i'd imagine. he'll score well when he plays, but just be aware.

also, 2 West Ham players in your back 6 isn't amazing. you could easily improve that by just chucking in Davies for Demel, or Vorm for Jussi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

manual_man wrote: »

It's the price i pay for having those 3 up front. may think about Demel, though he's been dropped alot lately. i have to disagree about Stoke, apart from the next one v Chelsea, the fixtures are actually decent for a while, after which point i may then consider De Gea, and maybe Evans too, as traditionally it's February/March time when United go on a clean sheet spree

You're right to be wary of Demel. I think he only played because Collins was suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm not 100% though

Too late now but when you are playing your wildcard to maximise your potential for making money you should play it as soon as the gameweek starts. I signed marveaux o brien for example they have already gone up .1 and will go up another .1. I wont be keeping either but will bank a little bit of profit. If you are playing it today Suarez and zabelata should be in your team until they rise .2 and then if you dont want to keep them you will make .1 off each of them. Between this wildcard and the previous one I reckon it gives me an extra million to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Debating something would appreciate input. I currently have Begovic in goals value to me is 5.1.
    I also have Cameron who ill be keeping.
    I also have Rafael and Gibbs.
    I'm contemplating buying in De Gea or Schnezy...... And then seeking the relevant same team defender to buy in Zabaletta....
    I suppose I could keep Begovic and trade up Cameron to Zab at a cost of 1.2.... But that's a lot of defensive money

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    Debating something would appreciate input. I currently have Begovic in goals value to me is 5.1.
    I also have Cameron who ill be keeping.
    I also have Rafael and Gibbs.
    I'm contemplating buying in De Gea or Schnezy...... And then seeking the relevant same team defender to buy in Zabaletta....
    I suppose I could keep Begovic and trade up Cameron to Zab at a cost of 1.2.... But that's a lot of defensive money

do beg to either of those keepers and keep cameron its the cheapest way to have a stoke and arsenal or utd combo. Hold off a couple of days though as I reckon Beg will hit 5.9 so if u had him from the start u will get 5.2 for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It is not bad idea to spend a little more on defence at this stage - since every team looks very similiar in the front. I already brought De Gea in, leaving Begovic in my team too. United has to start getting some cleansheets. Zabaleta is good buy, but as always with City - you never know if he will play. Gibbs, Zabaleta, Cameron, O'brien and Cuellar looks good enough to me. I will probably change my mind 15 times before next gameweek, but it looks like cheap enough, and good enough at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Used the wild card

Mignolet/ Rudd

Luiz, Hart, Cueller, o brien and Gibbs

Fellaini, Michu, Puncheon, Walcott and Mata

Van Persie, Suarez and Lukaku

Anyway i can improve my team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Debating on the below. Not sure of Rafa or Wisdom. Could go Evans and then that would allow a 4.7 defender. I've a bit to play around with. Dropped Walcott and replaced with Bale. Can easily move back and forth with that. I'm not planning on wildcarding till end of the month so i'll see how Aguero is after the injury and if i can still afford that strike force. Looks lethal though. Captain headache most weeks though.

EDIT

Forgot to change Tremmel to Bunn. So a 4.6 defender.

1690zet.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'm just going for the price rises at the moment, when it winds down I'm not sure what I'll do. Suarez or Dzeko has been the big debate in my head, both have bad fixtures in the next one but the difference that Dzeko would make to my midfield or defense might be worth Dzeko. Definitely keeping Berba for the next fixture anyway with Wigan at home.

Michael Dawson for 4.5m is tempting but AVB hasn't really liked him that much but 2 games in a row makes him interesting.

Deciding between Kaciniklic or Marveaux as my cheap midfielder is another conundrum. Depending on the price Debuchy could be a good signing too. Will wait and see with Cisse because Newcastle have some nice fixtures coming up.

Mata I have now in case he goes up again but will probably go for Bale over him and settle for Lampard for Chelsea cover, he seems more likely to avoid rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Steven81 wrote: »
    Used the wild card

Mignolet/ Rudd

Luiz, Hart, Cueller, o brien and Gibbs

Fellaini, Michu, Puncheon, Walcott and Mata

Van Persie, Suarez and Lukaku

Anyway i can improve my team?

Take out Joe Hart and get a 5th defender in :pac:

Ah no, the team looks pretty good... only thing maybe take out Lukaku, get maybe Ruiz or Lambert in, or maybe downgrade Luiz to give you a bit more cash to play with. No City attacking coverage might be a slight worry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Wildcard Frenzy Day 3

Another draft another headache........opinions? 2.1 left in the bank...

3d3ef18b6b2f3d5044e82fcb3808f0eb.png?1357223556

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

cuellar + suarez or gibbs + walcott hmm.. leaning toward the suarez but then i think of the double GW

I'd go Gibbs + Walcott, providing neither get injured, and then if you want Suarez save 2 FTs for after the DGW.

dahat wrote: »
    Wildcard Frenzy Day 3

Another draft another headache........opinions? 2.1 left in the bank...

3d3ef18b6b2f3d5044e82fcb3808f0eb.png?1357223556

why not downgrade o'brien > demel and go ba > aguero? at least until we know what the craic is with ba at chelsea, bit of a risk to keep ba until then imo

I'd go Gibbs + Walcott, providing neither get injured, and then if you want Suarez save 2 FTs for after the DGW.

problem is if i don't take suarez in my WC team i won't be able to afford him after unless i downgrade aguero or someone like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

Sh1t, I had not played my season wildcard.

I wanted to use the january wildcard today but it seem i have activated the season wildcard.

Can I change this?

darego wrote: »
    problem is if i don't take suarez in my WC team i won't be able to afford him after unless i downgrade aguero or someone like that

Ah I see. I'd still take the other 2. Walcott is a good long term investment and Gibbs is a solid enough defender. Personally I'd take those two over Suarez anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

why not downgrade o'brien > demel and go ba > aguero? at least until we know what the craic is with ba at chelsea, bit of a risk to keep ba until then imo

If Aguero has pulled a hamstring that's a 3 week injury normally. Doubt he'll be back. It's possible it wasn't as serious but I wont be risking him until I hear from Mancini.

Liam O wrote: »
    If Aguero has pulled a hamstring that's a 3 week injury normally. Doubt he'll be back. It's possible it wasn't as serious but I wont be risking him until I hear from Mancini.

yeah same but ba is also risky. i want aguero in my team when he is back for the run in. i'll have berba for fulham v wigan and then hopefully aguero will be back and i'll do berba > aguero

Demel is not first choice at West Ham,i had him fora while and it was frustrating to say the least.

Ba i am prepared to gamble on as i think he will do well at Chelsea,Torres is finished there and will be lucky to get more than leg warming runs in the team now.

Michu to Herandez is something i was looking at....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭Mugsy_P

Hey guys! Finally been making a bit of a comeback in recent times, but looking at my team now, it's in dyer need of some work (and I need help!).

rUsSo.jpg

I still have 2.3 in the bank (+2FT). Was thinking of bringing in Walcott for the DGW, but beyond that, i'm not quite sure how to upgrade my midfield
    while keeping elsewhere strong.
    Any advice?

• Advertisement

always thought demel was first choice right back and mccartney left back but injuries to both let o'brien into the team

always thought demel was first choice right back and mccartney left back but injuries to both let o'brien into the team

Exactly,both are prone to injuries....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Mugsy_P wrote: »
    Hey guys! Finally been making a bit of a comeback in recent times, but looking at my team now, it's in dyer need of some work (and I need help!).

rUsSo.jpg

I still have 2.3 in the bank (+2FT). Was thinking of bringing in Walcott for the DGW, but beyond that, i'm not quite sure how to upgrade my midfield
    while keeping elsewhere strong.
    Any advice?

Not that i know better but Riise isn't worth the money imo.
    You have very strong front but midfield looks very weak.
    Defence can be downgraded a bit to improve midfield. Shawcross to Cameron for example.

dahat wrote: »
    Exactly,both are prone to injuries....

you better hope at least 1 of the 2 will stay injured with o'brien in your team :pac: have him for his price rises then shipping him out personally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Sh1t, I had not played my season wildcard.

I wanted to use the january wildcard today but it seem i have activated the season wildcard.

Can I change this?

I think the only wildcard you can actually use this month is the January one. I used my season one in April last year and as far as i remember i just had the option to play wildcard in January. Not make a selection from both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I haven't seen any love for Sagna over Gibbs from anyone? Gibbs clearly worth and extra 0.5M? Don't see it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

keane2097 wrote: »
    I haven't seen any love for Sagna over Gibbs from anyone? Gibbs clearly worth and extra 0.5M? Don't see it tbh.

Ill be getting in Sagna myself, just going to keep Gibbs to try make a few quid off him over the next week or so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

keane2097 wrote: »

Gibbs is averaging an assist every 3 games . Sagna is yet to make an assist in 10 games since he's back and the way he is performing(have no idea what he was doing for Southampton goal at the weekend) I wouldn't be surprised to see Jenkinson back in there soon.

Gibbs is averaging 4.5 points a game , Sagna is averaging 3.1 .

I think he's well worth the extra 0.5m

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Haven't used the wildcard yet but considering the following. Any thoughts?

iFTIT.png

edit: 0 in the bank with that.

• Advertisement

iFTIT.png

Noble won't get you many points, he usually only picks up peno points.

Pienaar's run will probably dry up now that Fellaini is back.

Luiz isn't worth the cash IMO.

Zabeleta will be a rotation risk I believe, I'd go for Gibbs over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

iFTIT.png

Zabaleta is too risky, not guaranteed a place for the money. Put it in to get Fellaini in midfield for Pienaar, Tremmel to a cheaper goalie will get you an extra 0.3

Made a few changes.

MZz6W.png

roryc wrote: »
    No City or Chelsea cover could hurt you.

Agreed, you need Mata I would say. I just don't know who to suggest for City cover.

EDIT: how did I quote a post after me? So confused, either way agreed :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

No City or Chelsea cover could hurt you, and your sub keeprs a dud (not that this is a massive problem)

Also at a quick estimate your team value is only about £100m, you'll struggle to get a strong team with this!

i thought zabaleta was nearly guaranteed his place as much as any city player could be maybe just behind aguero. i would actually rather zab than rafael when it comes down to rotation i can see smalling getting rotated a lot more with rafael than zab would be getting rotated at city

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies. My team value is £102.1m.

I was inclined to go for Zabaleta over Gibbs so I've stuck him back in for now. I had Mata up until today, stuck Bale in instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Is everyone going with Suarez now? I have Defoe and was thinking of sticking with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Is everyone going with Suarez now? I have Defoe and was thinking of sticking with him

Suarez is the man though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I don't foresee Suarez's role in the team changing anytime soon. In time, the worth that might happen is a move into the hole behind Sturridge but I doubt it. I expect Sturridge to play as a right forward most of the time and for his arrival to have more implications on Sterling's position in the team - see him being rested that bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Noble won't get you many points, he usually only picks up peno points.

Pienaar's run will probably dry up now that Fellaini is back.

Luiz isn't worth the cash IMO.

Zabeleta will be a rotation risk I believe, I'd go for Gibbs over him.

Luiz is a defender in the game, playing in midfield for Chelsea, thats a fantasy football manager's wet-dream. He threatens the goal quite a lot and chelsea get regular clean sheets. He's a definite in my opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement