Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Persons Wants To Learn Irish

Options
  • 06-12-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi I'm in my 60's and really do want to learn Irish. I never really had a chance of doing so when I was at school, it really wasn't encouraged in the north at that time, but that's history.

I've found a part-time course locally but it only lasts for 90min each week and normally only goes on for 10 weeks at a time, covering maybe three terms in the year. There is also the odd all day session.

What I am trying to do is obtain some online resources. Stuff that I may download onto my computer, or my Kindle - dictionaries, phrase books, that sort of thing. Maybe you could recommend an online course but it is spoken Irish that I'm interested in and been from the north it is Ulster Irish in particular.

As always any advice, help is greatly appreciated. Feel free to expand on the above if you think it useful.

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Best bet might be trying the Irish Forum here

They seem to have a few links to resources that you could take a look at.

Advertisement