Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolling Contract

Options
  • 06-12-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

Ignoring the fact a Vodafone rep told me an he was pushing for a sale.

Is there any truth in signing a contract over the phone is classed as rolling and can be broken penalty free ? Also I done it , the account is in my Das name , but he put me down as having permission to talk about the account.

Thanks for any info

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi jeffk

There is no is truth in this statement. If a contract is broken during the agreed period after you have agreed to the contract over the phone with eircom you will most likely incur an early cease charge. Would you like to PM me your account details so I can look into further for you?

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Hi jeffk

There is no is truth in this statement. If a contract is broken during the agreed period after you have agreed to the contract over the phone with eircom you will most likely incur an early cease charge. Would you like to PM me your account details so I can look into further for you?

Regards

Al

Hello Al,

Thanks , ill get the details and PN you now so.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭clarenman

I was out of contract on Nov 2nd and joined Vodafone on 17th Nov,Eircom still charged me 24e early cessation fee,is this fair/legal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi clarenman

I haved looked into this and i can confirm that even if a customer is not in contract but decides to cease the account or move to another provider a 30 day notification period must be made to eircom. If a 30 day notification period of intention to close the eircom account is not given then a one months line rental charge applies to the final bill. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Al

Advertisement