Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year's Eve?

Options
  • 06-12-2012 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

What's everyone doing to ring in the new year? Look for some suggestions...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Usually just stay local, few drink in the pub and on to a club. If we are lucky someone will trow a house party.
    Clubs/pubs do be uncomfortable packed on the night :rolleyes: but does be great atmosphere I suppose.

Went into city center(Dublin) 3 years ago and it was the biggest mistake ever. waiting around hours for a taxi. Feck all taxi drivers work New years eve that's why I usually tend to stay local.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Theres a concert and fireworks in Dublin City centre on New Years Eve.

Its the official start of "The Gathering 2013" in Ireland......at midnight

Thats according to Minsiter Leo Varadkar on the radio yesterday

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I hate the new year. I'm always devastated that Christmas is really over. :(

I'll be coming home from work and staying up until about half past midnight and then heading to bed because I've work the next day. Not a crazy new year for me anyway! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Posy wrote: »
    I hate the new year. I'm always devastated that Christmas is really over. :(

I'll be coming home from work and staying up until about half past midnight and then heading to bed because I've work the next day. Not a crazy new year for me anyway! :pac:

I'm the same I get really depressed once New Years day comes :pac: I hate the immediate days after Christmas day as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Not big into NYE, I go out a lot over Christmas so usually watch Jools Holland with some mates.

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    I'm the same I get really depressed once New Years day comes :pac: I hate the immediate days after Christmas day as well!
    I'm glad it's not just me!
    We should have a support thread on this forum. I spend so much time looking forward to Christmas that I'm almost in shock when it's over.
    I'm genuinely devastated by the time January rolls around. :(

By February it's not as cold, the daffodils are budding, the evenings are getting longer and I'm already planning for next Christmas so it's all good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rangi

NYE is a gimmick invented by the Vintners Federation. So feck them, I'm just going to get locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

A small sherry and watch the tv

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

Quiet night in as usual; TV, the leftover Christmas chocolates, and maybe a tipple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

This year I'll have to study :-(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Of course the new year really begins at the winter solstice...

I love watching the pics from Newgrange showing the clouds blocking the dawn...AGAIN :)

Ridiculous having the winter solstice in the middle of...winter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I must admit I find New Year's Eve a real struggle, I find it very lonesome for some reason. I can't help thinking about people who have passed away and I wonder about what the new year will bring. (Hopefully, it will be a good year).

I plan on going out for dinner with my husband and six year old early in the evening, when we return we'll probably flick between the RTE Countdown to the New Year and Jools Holland's Hootenanny. Along the way there will be a couple of glasses of wine or champers and I'll make a few phone calls and sent some texts and PMs.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I must admit I find New Year's Eve a real struggle, I find it very lonesome for some reason.
    I'm the same. It makes me sad and lonely, and anxious for the year ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ah yes, Jules Hootenanny, an institution of the holidays that goes hand in hand with the countdown, a joy to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 colmcure

I usually stay home nye, relax and get ready for the next day.I go out and have a good few pints on nyd and watch the darts on tv.I always start the year as I mean to go on!!!!Whatever u do have a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Eurox

Any ideas on what to do NYE 2013;)

Eurox wrote: »
    Any ideas on what to do NYE 2013;)

That's more than twelve months away - plenty of time to sort that out!

What are we going to do this year???

That's more than twelve months away - plenty of time to sort that out!

What are we going to do this year???

http://www.nyedublin.ie/festival-schedule

A little confusion here I think.
    31/12/2012 is New Years Eve 2012
    31/12/2013 is New Years Eve 2013 (or NYE 2013)

Or am I wrong???

Does it matter?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

I'm having a few friends over for dinner and then we're heading into a gig in Vicar Street.

Who is playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

http://thehelix.ie/cwfc-presents-cage-warriors-51/

Conor McGregor looking to take another belt. Great idea for NYE. Something different

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Eurox wrote: »
    Does it matter?????

Not to you it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Used to always go out on NYE with my friends up home in Donegal - mind you, for the first couple of years after I hit drinking age I don't think there was a single night I'd sit in over the holidays. There'd always be great gigs and stuff going on somewhere.
    Last year was depressing as hell. I was upset on NYE so ended up going to bed early, incredibly pissed off.
    This year I'm working NYE back in Dublin so I'll be going out here with some college mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dar93ragh

Mick Flannery is ringing in my New Year in Cork Opera House. Depressing much? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

Looked at going to Dublin for the fireworks, thought it would be nice but hotels such a rip off that night :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

It be a quiet one for me as far as I am aware, usually be out or be busy celebrating it but been a few year since I been out for it, someone always crops up or rather stay in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

My boyfriend and me have "Christmas 2" on new years. We just spend the evening together, get a pizza and some bubbly and exchange Christmas presents! It's lovely cause Christmas is all about our families so it's our night just for us and it extends Christmas that little bit longer :)

Also it means we can buy our gifts in the sales :p

Advertisement