Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year's Eve?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

8 PM is a bit of a strange time for the fireworks but I suppose it's to make it more family friendly.

I HATE New Year, but I will go to the local with DH, BIL and my sister. Last year, it was dire, until my sister took over from the DJ and things really started to rock! Ended up having a brilliant night. We have had the year from Hell this year, so hopefully NY will mark a fresh, happy and lucky start...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Have Dublin booked for meself and himself.... He's having notions of a mad night in temple bar.... I'm thinking bottles of champers (the 8.99 stuff that tastes like liquid sugar :) ) in hotel room and pizza..... Going to wait til all the drinking from Christmas catches up with him (about 10 mins after he wakes on St Stephans day) and suggest my idea.... Hate NYE at home, such a book fuss of a night, absolute pain. Anyone know of anything low key happening in city centre or even day time NYE let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Il be in Copenhagen, hopefully in the tivoli gardens.....yaay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Right, so New Years is always an anti-climax. I always have great plans, but never bother to do anything about them, and then end up in the local pub counting down the new year at about half one with some dodgy finger food and forlorn streamers. But this year will be different! Oh yes! Because AH is gonna tell me what to do! Huzza! Preferably somewhere that's not too obvious. And in Ireland. So have at it AH...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

New Years Eve threads merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gonna be working :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Going Paratrooping* in galway I think. Should be great crack :D

*http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=paratrooping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I nearly always stay in New Years Eve. New years night I love though! less hectic but still a good stir out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Spending it at home with my husband and a bottle of bubbly. Any excuse to have Champagne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I'm working :( I work in a nightclub and luckily my boyfriend and his friends are going to come to the place I work in to ring in the New Year. Hopefully my boss will be feeling sound and will let us stay on for a few drinks when the place is closed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I'm working :( I work in a nightclub and luckily my boyfriend and his friends are going to come to the place I work in to ring in the New Year. Hopefully my boss will be feeling sound and will let us stay on for a few drinks when the place is closed :)

Oh god, New Years lock-in! Brings back some great memories :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

We're going to invite everyone to ours for a party! Lots of champagne, finger food and dancing and we don't have to worry about booking a taxi after ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

Does anybody know any of the details for the New Years Eve Fireworks display in Stephens Green, Dublin city centre?

I know it starts at College Green at 6.30 pm and theres a procession which I assume ends at Stephens Green where the Fireworks display is from this link-

http://www.dublinpeople.com/article.php?id=1925

But what time does the fireworks display start at and if its at 12 midnight what is there to do and see between 6.30pm and 12 midnight??

I only wonder because thinking about bringing my daughter in to see it but wonder could she end up bored waiting around?,.. she is 9 years old.

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

Did a bit more googling and found this-

http://www.nyedublin.ie/festival-schedule/fireworks-display

Fireworks display starts at 8pm.

Hope this is of some use to anyone else going in ( with family/ kids). :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Posy wrote: »
    I hate the new year. I'm always devastated that Christmas is really over. :(

This is who I see when ever I read these posts....
    MV5BNzExMjQ3NjIzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDkzMzQ3._V1._SX485_SY630_.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I hate that it's NYE right now. Purely coz that's it. Christmas is over and January is upon us. God I hate that month. Ill not do much tonight. I have wine and snacks and that's the height of it. I'm cooking on Tuesday so I need to be fresh for that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Love new years eve, best part of Christmas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Froyo

Zero interest.

After midnight, you realise it's just another night out except for some reason there's an anti climax and it's impossible to get a taxi home.

I'll be enjoying some quiet time this year with food that's detrimental to my already 'Christmas waist'! :(:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Change of plan: working hopefully only a half day and then going home to get my jammies, dose myself with stuff for this headcold, drink a bottle of wine so I don't feel like an absolute sap, and then pass out probably before midnight. At least I'm not working tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Hope you all enjoyed whatever you did. Have a healthy and happy new year :)

Advertisement