Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet for Xmas Present

Options
  • 06-12-2012 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Our laptop at home is on its last legs. We mainly only used it for the Internet so I was thinking about getting a tablet as a replacement.

Both my wife and I have iPhones that we use for browsing but it'd be nice to have something with a larger screen for a better view when watching videos or shopping online.

Could anyone recommend a decent tablet for between 100e and 150e?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

FOR that price look on powercity ie ,or pcworld 7inch tablets, powercity have discounts eg 30 euro off buy online.
    theres no good tablet for sale under 100 euro,
    100 e you get lousy screen,2hours battery life.
    You might be better to buy 15 inch p4 cpu 2.0ghz 1gig ram, laptop ,dvdrom,80gig drive 100 euro ,www.adverts.ie computers for sale,laptops
    many tablets have got good flash client ,videos don,t play properly unless you just use youtube app.
    look at other threads on this forum ,re tablets recommended.
    buying a 100 e laptop is like buying a smartphone for 30 euro its pointless.
    http://www.powercity.ie/?action=Android+Internet+Tablets&grpclass=10-28&action=eoldeals
    go for archos ,or arnova or prestigio,
    i think prestigio has flash video client preinstalled .

if i wanna use device for youtube
    i,d prefer an laptop than a brand new tablet 8 inch,
    tablets take maybe 2hours to recharge.
    you can just use a laptop from the mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

I'd recommed paying a but extra and going for something like the google nexus 7 for about 249.. Its a great little tablet but its hard to come across one

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Right folks, I've narrowed it down to two. I can get the Google Nexus 7 in Argos for 249e or the Samsung Galaxy tab 2 is 189e.

The Nexus is better I believe but is it 50e better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

If you're not so stuck on a brand you could have a look at Hongkonggeek.com

I bought 2 tablets for my kids from them and am very impressed with the quality for the price. Bought them last week and were delivered this week. Also they have a no customs tax /nonsense guarantee. (if you have to pay anything keep the receipt and scan and mail it to them to will refund).

Two 7" Android tablets plus covers, plus shipping for about 150 euro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

Lemlin wrote: »
    Right folks, I've narrowed it down to two. I can get the Google Nexus 7 in Argos for 249e or the Samsung Galaxy tab 2 is 189e.

The Nexus is better I believe but is it 50e better?

i personally would go with the nexus, faster processor and better screen, but the major downside, no removable storage (i could be wrong???)

so think about wether you will need more space on it.

Advertisement