Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its about Time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

In other news...maybe next year! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

blockic wrote: »
    In other news...maybe next year! :p

Only clicked what u were on about!

Always the 'nearly' team......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Good man!!

About time all that training and use of crazy abbreviations to describe the training has paid off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Jaysus RK knew a sub 40 was only around the corner for you but sub 39 :eek::eek:

Well done - delighted for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Well done , great time and well deserved after all your hard training. Hopefully will bump into you down in Dunboyne .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

RK,

Nice race there...
    6:16avg... Nicer...
    38:47 Nicest...:)

Strong running to hold that pace for a 10K, proves you are getting stronger and stronger...

Hopefully ill see you at the dunboyne 5 mile Tuesday week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Good stuff RK- very nice running out there... am looking at doing the Dunboyne 5mil as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Super progress RunningKing. Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Nice running young man, very impressive indeed.

[EMAIL="b@stard"]b@stard[/EMAIL]!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭EMPM

Great running RK, thats an impressive PB. Where to now 37:XX :D

• Advertisement

Monday: Meant to get out for a short run, but time went against me - all the family down with some ailment or other! Spent some time getting the front garden sorted - but just done half of it. If I finished it, I'd have to move onto the next item on the "list of things that I dont get done 'cos I run" :)

Tuesday 21st
    Went out with the dog to the phoenix park - forgot my Garmin!
    Ran a route I know to be 7.3miles in about an hour. Nice easy pace - a few stops with the dog.

Wednesday 22nd
    Hadn't done a longish run in a while, so set out on a 13 mile run. To make it interesting I wanted to do a 7m tempo during it.

1st 2 miles: Ave 7:38
    Next 7 miles: Ave 6:50 (7:02 / 6:52 / 6:49 / 6:51 / 6:49/ 6:36 /7:01 (hills)
    Last 4 miles: Ave 7:52

Total 13:16miles @7:19 (1hr 36) (& longest run since DCM)

Thought nothing of that run until I entered the data into the 'puter and seen that it was only a minute slower than my HM run in Clontarf last July and 2 mins off my PB.

Really behind plan in the MBA. Be delighted when its out of the way in October.

Hadn't done a longish run in a while, so set out on a 13 mile run. To make it interesting I wanted to do a 7m tempo during it.

Thought nothing of that run until I entered the data into the 'puter and seen that it was only a minute slower than my HM run in Clontarf last July and 2 mins off my PB.

Good stuff, What kind of time would you be looking at for the HM in July, you'll obviously blow your PB out of the water but my how much do ya reckon would be a good target?

Can't believe that's your longest run since October!! :eek:

P.S. I reckon your tempo pace is much faster than that ;)

Good stuff, What kind of time would you be looking at for the HM in July, you'll obviously blow your PB out of the water but my how much do ya reckon would be a good target?

Can't believe that's your longest run since October!! :eek:

P.S. I reckon your tempo pace is much faster than that ;)

haha - my mate Daniels reckons that a 7mile tempo should be at 6:45......so its slightly slow!

Looking fwd to increasing the mileage in the coming weeks - I'll mix up doing LSR's with Long Steady Runs that contain some faster stuff.

Wheres your race report or where you all getting your story straight 1st about how long the course measured :p ?

Edit: Maybe 1:25 in July (weather permitting)

haha - my mate Daniels reckons that a 7mile tempo should be at 6:45......so its slightly slow!

Your mate daniels is soft. I reckon it's more 6:35-6:40 :pac:
    Wheres your race report or where you all getting your story straight 1st about how long the course measured :p ?

Some of us have running to be doing yanno! :p Results all over the shop. Although the longer I put off the report, the further down the field I'm getting! :eek:

Monday: Meant to get out for a short run, but time went against me - all the family down with some ailment or other! Spent some time getting the front garden sorted - but just done half of it. If I finished it, I'd have to move onto the next item on the "list of things that I dont get done 'cos I run" :)

Tuesday 21st
    Went out with the dog to the phoenix park - forgot my Garmin!
    Ran a route I know to be 7.3miles in about an hour. Nice easy pace - a few stops with the dog.

Wednesday 22nd

Really behind plan in the MBA. Be delighted when its out of the way in October.

Nice running, are you planning on dcm this year?

Gavlor wrote: »

He will have to. Sure he is not getting any younger...

Yep, I don't think I have a sub 3 in me for October, but the plan is to do 3:05-3:07 and then go onto a late Spring Marathon in '14 for the sub 3 attempt.

Yep, I don't think I have a sub 3 in me for October, but the plan is to do 3:05-3:07 and then go onto a late Spring Marathon in '14 for the sub 3 attempt.

Sensible. A 1:25 half will set you up nicely foe that.

There is a beaut of a thread over on the main forum. Getting the popcorn ready....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Sensible. A 1:25 half will set you up nicely foe that.

There is a beaut of a thread over on the main forum. Getting the popcorn ready....:)

Yep - just saw that one too. Should make for an entertaining evening ;) Wonder who'll be the first to bite .....

Pity blockic ain't doing it, you could wave at him lying on the ground as you're passing him ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

go easy. you never know. a lot were caught out recently with a similar post;)

kit3 wrote: »
    Yep - just saw that one too. Should make for an entertaining evening ;) Wonder who'll be the first to bite .....

Mayaswell get things rolling

Mayaswell get things rolling

wheres all this kicking off lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

wheres all this kicking off lads?

Thread on main forum - you'll know it when you see it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

..... and was bearing down on a crusaders guy ....

That was me ;)
    Finished is 38:46.

Well done on the PB.

That was me ;)
    Finished is 38:46.

Well done on the PB.

Well done you.
    I was just behind you for most of it, you got away for a bit, but nearly caught you at the end. Great running!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

Well done on pushing to the end - it would have been easy to hold back a bit with sub 40 in the bag.

Next time yoo'll have to say hello.

Well done on pushing to the end - it would have been easy to hold back a bit with sub 40 in the bag.

Next time yoo'll have to say hello.

I think it was you I had a quick chat with at the end. I'll have to go back on the photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Just catching up on your log RK - super race in Maynooth! Well deserved. Keep up the solid work.

• Advertisement

Thursday:
    Football - got kicked in the calf........twice - after the 2nd one, the red mist descended - revenge was sweet.

Despite me wearing the asics, the heel was in a jocker on Friday morning. Plenty of ice and massage with a little ball (fnar fnar).
    I need to make a decision on the footie soon, although if the foot keeps on giving me issues after the footie, then the decision will be made for me.
    I have no bother with it when I run.

Friday: 5.58m @8.27 - recovery run in Phoenix Park - nice and slow.

Saturday: 7.38m @8:10 - another easy run - very warm for it too - had to bring the dog to the Furry Glen and down the Khyber to get her water - It would have been a faster run only for the dog, she found it tough.

Sunday - rest day. My U13's got beaten again - cant wait for the season to end - there's only so many 'beaten' motivational end of match team talks I can give :)

5 days to get the 2nd MBA project in & racing in Dunboyne on Tuesday........hhhhmmmm

Advertisement