Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions

Options
  • 06-12-2012 4:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14

Hi
    Can a Mod tell me how mods are selected, also why in one forums charter I read that "cuss words will get you removed" when I have seen some mods using cuss words to people posting.
    Thanks for taking the time.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Mods are asked to mod based on their contribution to forum, there's no application.

As for strong language, it's generally prohibited, and there's a swear filter in place. But it's not obsessively enforced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Markbrie

Spear wrote: »
    Mods are asked to mod based on their contribution to forum, there's no application.

As for strong language, it's generally prohibited, and there's a swear filter in place. But it's not obsessively enforced.

Thanks for your reply. Are the mods given any guidelines or are they left to thier own discretion as I have observed some mods being quite relaxed and others being quite hypocritical in their approach.

Thanks again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That's possibly too general to really answer. There's some 600+ mods for the 1300 or so forums, so there's going to be massive variation. Forums can vary massively from the necessarily tightly run Personal Issues forum, to the almost no-holds barred Thunderdome. But a mod is ultimately answerable to their category mods in the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Markbrie

So how does a category mod monitor the mods under them.

Feed back through DRP/Helpdesk threads, and direct PMs.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement