Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introducing a "skeptic" to Star Trek...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Now the fun part is, what do they imagine it to be?

DownloadImage.Ashx?ImageId=280150&ImageSize=Medium&Key=7e8209369366a061f0c03d13867845075d47cb2e

• Registered Users Posts: 9 science_ed

I was nearly in tears watching the Voyager episode "Drone" when Seven of Nine became mentor to a Borg drone with 29th century technology.
    You really needed to know Sevens back story to get the full effect of that storyline though.

Incidentally, I wrote a bit on how Star Trek technology like replicators, phasers and tractor beams are already being built today, way ahead of the 24th century. Have a read - www.thegazeboeffect.wordpress.com

Recently watched 'Drone' myself, very good ep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

science_ed wrote: »
    I was nearly in tears watching the Voyager episode "Drone" when Seven of Nine became mentor to a Borg drone with 29th century technology.
    You really needed to know Sevens back story to get the full effect of that storyline though.
    EnterNow wrote: »
    Recently watched 'Drone' myself, very good ep :)

"You are hurting me..."

Beautifully delivered. You gotta admit, the boobs can act.

Kirby wrote: »
    You gotta admit, the boobs can act.

Can't remember the episode name, but the one where the Borg Vinculum keeps changing her personality definitely shows the girl can act. From a very convincing Ferengi, to a lost little girl, to her tormented self...brilliant stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

EnterNow wrote: »
    Can't remember the episode name, but the one where the Borg Vinculum keeps changing her personality definitely shows the girl can act. From a very convincing Ferengi, to a lost little girl, to her tormented self...brilliant stuff

That was Infinite Regress. Fantastic episode!!

That was Infinite Regress. Fantastic episode!!

Thats the one. Agreed, twas brilliant

I'll be interested to hear how the OP gets on, have you showed her an ep yet OP?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I really liked Counterpoint, one of my favourite Voyagher episodes.

From DS9, Duet and Far Beyond the Stars were great, but The Visitor beats them for emotional impact, and to be honest, when trying to show that trek is more than "pew pew lazerzzz" then you cannot beat that.

I must sit down with the gf later and watch it with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I really liked Counterpoint, one of my favourite Voyagher episodes.

Agreed. I was a big Voyager fan and used to tune in every week on it's original run through on tv. I had seen every episode or so I thought but interestingly enough had missed this one. Years later it was a pleasure watching Counterpoint for the first time because it was a total surprise. It was like having a brand new episode to watch. Kind of like finding old money in your pocket. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement