Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Laune (Beat 1) Kerry

Options
  • 06-12-2012 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hey guys have fished this lovely beat and also beat 2 a few times over the last couple of seasons never actually landed a fish:mad: but lost a springer two seasons ago on a devon minnow its always been spinning i have done:D.could anyone that have fished it describe how i would go about fishing it with the worm? i plan to hit it at the end of jan early feb:D..thanks again:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

I appreciate your willingness to learn the worming methods but maybe leave it until layer in the year.
    At the time you mentioned, there will be very few fresh fish around yet the river will be heaving with hungry kelts.

The worm is very hard on them and I personally don't fish the worm until I'm fairly happy that the Kelts have returned to the sea, mostly by April.

I'm not familiar with the laune, but we use a size 2 baitholder hook on a 2 foot leader under a jumping jack on a snap swivel. This allows a quick change to allow for different flow speeds in different runs or pools.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Last year was my first years fishing the Laune... i got out only three days but like yourself i lost a nice fish on a flying condom.. I always fish worm on different rivers around kerry but everyone i found fishing worms on the Laune were using 'Bouncing betties'... I never used them before but i have bought some for the season coming... i THINK ITS A GREAT RIVER 'THE LAUNE' i think last year there was so much rain that the fish were running through it... so thats why the catches were down...

Advertisement