Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2020

1188189190191192194»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Pogba got a dose of karma after that smug celebration he did earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Pogba got a dose of karma after that smug celebration he did earlier.

Was at fault for losing possession that led to an equalizer too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

If Switzerland win this i'll buy each and every one of you a state of the art cuckoo clock (and maybe a Celine Dion album)

Of course I meant this in the metaphorical sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Pogba scored an amazing goal, played well in general in the game and through out the tournament… it was mbpaee who wasn’t any good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

What's this about?

He said at 3-1 or maybe even 2-1 that game was done and he'd put his career on line there, I'm sure some good soul would pull it up in due course.

AND LEAVE KENNYYY CUNNINGHAM ALONE !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Was at fault for losing possession that led to an equalizer too
    From the sublime to the ridiculous. Typical Pogba.

blueser wrote: »

he lost possession for United in the same area of the pitch more times than i care to remember. I like Pogba but those extra touches at times cause so many problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

France out, a lot of outright bets blew up tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Of course I meant this in the metaphorical sense

Mods - a ban is in order here. A lifetime one. I want my cuckoo clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

It's the celebration, though. If he ran to the French fans with pure glee at having seemingly put his country through, everyone would say "fair play", but any player doing that "look what I've just done, only me" routine is always opening himself up to criticism.

Pipmae wrote: »
    Mods - a ban is in order here. A lifetime one. I want my cuckoo clock.

Its a wind up ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

He said at 3-1 or maybe even 2-1 that game was done and he'd put his career on line there, I'm sure some good soul would pull it up in due course.

Wait what a commentator/pundit got a prediction wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

He sad at 3-1 or maybe even 2-1 that game was done and he'd put his career on line there, I'm sure some good soul would pull it up in due course.

who gives a fook,im sure plenty of punters agreed at the time,its football anything can happen on some nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Some clocks are bigger than others...

Some are just far away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

This place has lost the plot.
    Pogba is a d**k for celebrating scoring a goal and deserved to lose because of it
    And Cunningham should actually be sacked over a joke comment

Cop on lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

England to bore us all to death with Southgate igniring attacking options on the bench in favour of all out defense

IMO he should do that, if it becomes a basketball match, chaotic, no structure, lots of goals like tonight etc it will suit the Germans, they play like that normally.

If England's defence holds up they're through because the Germans are a mess at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

bassy wrote: »
    who gives a fook,im sure plenty of punters agreed at the time,its football anything can happen on some nights.

Apparently Paddy Power paid out at 3-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

what did kenny say?

• Advertisement

ittakestwo wrote: »
    France out, a lot of outright bets blew up tonight

True but paddy power paid out on a France win tonight !!!

what did kenny say?

He said he thought (he)should be running Rte and UEFA and

Apparently Paddy Power paid out at 3-1

proof or BS

And that he also claimed to Brad Pitt’s superior when it comes to looks

proof or BS

the pay out on single bets if a team goes 2 up,so thats not news

the pay out on single bets if a team goes 2 up,so thats not news

I didn’t actually know that…. So I was delighted when I got the cash/win tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Its opening up quite nicely for England.
    France out. Portugal out. Holland out.
    One of Italy or Belgium will be gone by the weekend.

And England can actually defend. Which an awful lot of sides at this tournament can't do.

But its Germany tomorrow.
    And that will surely get into their heads.
    Gonna be a fascinating game.

Brilliant tournament this. That was 6 hours of top notch entertainment this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

proof or BS

Bet 365 paid out on France and Spain today.
    If a team goes 2 ahead they pay out.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Bet 365 paid out on France and Spain today.
    If a team goes 2 ahead they pay out.

Seems a bit mad. Why do they do it? Just to make them more attractive to bet with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

fyfe79 wrote: »
    It's the celebration, though. If he ran to the French fans with pure glee at having seemingly put his country through, everyone would say "fair play", but any player doing that "look what I've just done, only me" routine is always opening himself up to criticism.
    Anyone on here who knows my allegiance will realise that I've got no love at all for Pogba. But he was entitled to milk that goal; it was brilliant. But he could well end up being remembered, not for the goal, for the cheap surrender of possession that led to the late Swiss equaliser. When he's good, he's very,very good. But he does have that type of mistake in him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Zeek12 wrote: »

And England can actually defend. Which an awful lot of sides at this tournament can't do.

Brilliant tournament this. That was 6 hours of top notch entertainment this evening.

England will very likely get a good side in final, I don't personally think France are much better than Belgium if it all, both very even, so it doesn't change things too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Not to be Graeme Souness on it but Pogba's celebration was pathetic. Imagine seeing that as a Swiss player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

What’s this about Kenny Cunningham? He made the comment when doing co-comms on the SPAIN game! They were 5-3 up at the time.

Stephen Kelly was on co-comms for the France game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Zeek12 wrote: »

But England have had one of the more defensive set ups in the tournament tbf.

Also, with some of the bigger teams going out the pressure of expectation will begin to build on them, personally I reckon Germany do them tomorrow night anyway. Germany not great but can keep the ball very well and I wouldn't trust England to keep them out for the 90. Not sure how England are seen as underdogs in that game either, 10 places ahead in the rankings and home advantage, assume it's to try keep the pressure off them.

The Germans at least won't **** the bed I think.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Seems a bit mad. Why do they do it? Just to make them more attractive to bet with?

Yeah I suppose so ,all in competition with each other.

Anyone on here who knows my allegiance will realise that I've got no love at all for Pogba. But he was entitled to milk that goal; it was brilliant. But he could well end up being remembered, not for the goal, for the cheap surrender of possession that led to the late Swiss equaliser. When he's good, he's very,very good. But he does have that type of mistake in him.

I dunno. Considering the rush of knockout football, playing for your country etc, I'd imagine that the first reaction to scoring a great goal is to lose your sh!t and run about like a headless chicken. Celebrations like Pogba's tonight just seem so cold and calculated, like he's not really grasped what he's done for his side or his country's fans, but it seems to be just a chance to showboat. It doesn't sit right with me at all. If a player with my own club did likewise I wouldn't like it either, so I'd like to think it's not a club-bias on my behalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yeh exactly.

You can take the team without the ‘2 goal lead payout’ thing at odds that are a tiny bit better though.

By default you get the two goal lead thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Deschamps should take a lot of the blame for that loss tonight. Tactically all over the shop first half. Only used four subs...who were anonymous for the most part. Sissoko? Did he even touch the ball in extra time? Surprised he didn't throw on someone like Ben yedder for the last five to sniff out a Giroud knock down or something.
    On the other side Petkovic played a blinder. Not afraid to take the big names off for the good of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Just watched the highlights of Spain Croatia there and George Hamilton's commentary was atrocious.

Barely any emotion shown for any of the goals in one of the most exciting games in recent tournament history. Awful stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

George was very lacklustre alright. Thought Des Curran did well for the evening game, particularly his commentary for the Swiss goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

After one of the worst season's of top level football in living memory, its brilliant that international football has served up this. It's simply fantastic!

George was very lacklustre alright. Thought Des Curran did well for the evening game, particularly his commentary for the Swiss goals.

Des Curran was great - actually sounded like a fan of the sport and was excited by what he was seeing. Him and Stephen Kelly made a good, enthusiastic pairing.

Des Curran was great - actually sounded like a fan of the sport and was excited by what he was seeing. Him and Stephen Kelly made a good, enthusiastic pairing.

Unlike Kenny Cunningham who was glad Spain didmt score 6 as a scoreline of 6 - 3 looks like a basketball score..

What football fan doesnt want goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Yet another pair of brilliant games in a great tournament !!
    One thing I am taking from this tournament is that the strength of the Premier League might not just be as good as Sky want us to believe.
    Great young players emerging as the tournament progresses from Serie A,the Bundesliga, La Liga and the Dutch League.,

Some incredible young players in the Spanish,Italian and Dutch teams to name a few sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Luxembourg?

Last 8?

I suspect the 1964 edition was missing a few top tier countries for some reason or other? Politics?

29 teams entered, Luxembourg got a bye to the last 16 where they knocked out the Dutch over two legs, met Denmark in the last 8 and drew twice before losing a replay.

Ireland got knocked out in the Quarter Finals of the same tournament by Spain (who hosted the Finals proper and were the eventual winners).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Des is a good commentator, knowledgeable and enthuastic.

Was a fine footballer back in his day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Des is a good commentator, knowledgeable and enthuastic.

Was a fine footballer back in his day.

Who did he play for ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement