Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

This game is, to quote drippy, 'proper tidy'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Is that a welsh thing saying 'tidy' all the time?! If it is I wonder what's going on with the Japanese audio/dialogue? It's weird to think of Japanese devs looking to replicate mental Welsh colloquialisms :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is that a welsh thing saying 'tidy' all the time?! If it is I wonder what's going on with the Japanese audio/dialogue? It's weird to think of Japanese devs looking to replicate mental Welsh colloquialisms :D

That's purely on the part of the localisation team, nothing to do with Level 5. He probably had a 'crazy' Osaka or rural accent in the japanese version. The best way to replicate that is with a heavy regional accent english speakers will recognise. Happens all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Cool that's interesting stuff

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Game has topped the global charts, ousting Black Ops II

• Advertisement

made it to fairyground. Drippys mum is great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

So the majority of us have had this game for as good as a week now, what has everybody thought of it so far and has anyone finished the game yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Xenji wrote: »
    So the majority of us have had this came for as good as a week now, what has everybody thought of it so far and has anyone finished the game yet.
    I finished it. I messed about with some post game stuff, but am going to leave it off for now. I look forward to replaying it at some point. It is brilliant. I think it has topped Vesperia off my favourite JRPG of this generation. I'll have to replay both to say that for sure though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The stock locator on gamestop.ie tells me there is no stock in any of the 4 clare or limerick stores. Think I'll hang on to get it from them using the 2 game trade in, if they ever do get it in! Pretty pathetic if it is true it's the global number one.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Game has topped the global charts, ousting Black Ops II
    What do you mean? Source?

• Advertisement

The stock locator on gamestop.ie tells me there is no stock in any of the 4 clare or limerick stores. Think I'll hang on to get it from them using the 2 game trade in, if they ever do get it in! Pretty pathetic if it is true it's the global number one.
    I doubt you'll get so lucky. They aren't going to have problems getting this off the shelves, they will not need to motivate people to buy.

Just realised how helpful it is to be able to switch between all party attack and defence with one button.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just did the trials
    in the temple
    and also stopped the
    volcano from erupting
    brilliant game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Yes, finally arrived in the post. I'm away all next week with work so think I'll hold off starting til I get back though :(

danthefan wrote: »
    Yes, finally arrived in the post. I'm away all next week with work so think I'll hold off starting til I get back though :(
    You may want to avoid this thread. More people will doubtless have cleared the game by the time you even get started on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Only arriving in the port town now after around eleven-twelve hours of play. I'm loving it. Can't say I agree at all with the 'pacing' issues that have been flagged by some reviewers. I think the speed at which new mechanics are dropped and explored is very satisfying. I'm very much taking my time doing all the subquests and bounty hunts, so kind of behind on the story, but still finding myself interested in the locations, gameplay systems and characters. Very much a mix of Dragon Quest, Zelda and Pokemon, obviously with stylistic echoes with the likes of Laputa and Kiki's Delivery Service - what a welcome set of influences!

Only thing I'm still getting used to is making more use out of the 'tactics' options. In AI mode Esther tends to liberally use her MP and generally get in the way of stronger enemies. Have to focus more on defense and using her lineup of familiars. Other than that finding the combat excellent and involving - particularly delighted when Sid's waterdrop ability came into its own ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FLOODY777

Huge thanks to Pat @ Gamesnash for delivering this game (normal post) on release day.

50 hours later...I'm on the final stages just before the final boss. Going to put that on hold and continue with errands, bounty hunts etc. Like so many here, I'm loving it / don't want it to end!

Few minor gameplay niggles...but nothing to stop me thinking this is one of my favourite games ever.

Masterpiece: 10/10

Floody, once you do the final boss you can still play on. There is a post game section. Indeed, the post game
    has more errands and bounty hunts to do along with a new round in the place you do the trials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FLOODY777

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Floody, once you do the final boss you can still play on. There is a post game section.
    Indeed, the post game
    has more errands and bounty hunts to do along with a new round in the place you do the trials.

Thanks for that! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Floody, once you do the final boss you can still play on. There is a post game section. Indeed, the post game

Nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Played the demo a couple of times and I'm already overly attached to Mitey, the little scamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

This game coming out on PC?

Highly unlikely. JRPGs going to the PC are the exception, not the norm.

Not a hope I'd say.

Such a beautiful game. Tempted to make this my next platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Played the demo a couple of times and I'm already overly attached to Mitey, the little scamp.

Do not get that attached, he is actually one of the statistically poorest familiars in the game, once he he hits around level 30-40 he starts getting easily outclassed by other familiars.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Xenji wrote: »
    Do not get that attached, he is actually one of the statistically poorest familiars in the game, once he he hits around level 30-40 he starts getting easily outclassed by other familiars.

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Ill try not to. :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

buying a ps3 just for this, massive rpg and massive ghibli fan

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    The game forces you to evolve him as part of the story which annoyed me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

What's the best strategy for evolving the familiars? Should I evolve them as soon as possible or is there a benefit to getting them to the level cap of each form first and then evolving them?

Advertisement