Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

blaa85 wrote: »
    I have only ever got psn credit with them, never bought a game. I would rather give them my money than gamestop. Would standard delivery generally get you the game on release day?

I guess it does,it depends on where you live I guess,I always pay for express though just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

blaa85 wrote: »
    I have only ever got psn credit with them, never bought a game. I would rather give them my money than gamestop. Would standard delivery generally get you the game on release day?

I've always gotten standard delivery and always got the game on release day. I'm living in Dublin though so that might make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Yeah, I'll go for express. Usually get shafted when it comes to delivering stuff to Waterford with standard delivery with gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

just ordered from gamesnash as well. looking forward to this game !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gameinformer only gave it 7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ni_no_kuni_wrath_of_the_white_witch/b/ps3/archive/2013/01/22/a-beautiful-frustration.aspx

About to read it now...

Edit: Not a great review. Complaining about random battles, for instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Pushtrak wrote: »
    http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ni_no_kuni_wrath_of_the_white_witch/b/ps3/archive/2013/01/22/a-beautiful-frustration.aspx

About to read it now...

Aren't the battles avoidable in a similar way to Earthbound? The enemies chase you in the overworld before being able to engage you in battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

€45 on Amazon atm just preordered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Pushtrak wrote: »

About to read it now...

other reviews said the same about the battles, but said after so many hours in they can be avoided. Also other reviews said they do this for the first 10 hours or so to make sure you are a high enough level to take on the bosses (which can be tough)

I won't judge till I play, but it seems it annoys some reviewers and not others. Still looking forward to it, the reviews in general have been very positive :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Mr. Blah

The Wizard Edition is back up on amazon.co.uk for £55
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008MLSNOY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Stocks are very limited as it's just a rerelease of cancelled orders. Good luck
    I changed to them because they are 30E cheaper than gamestop

Mr. Blah wrote: »
    The Wizard Edition is back up on amazon.co.uk for £55
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008MLSNOY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Stocks are very limited as it's just a rerelease of cancelled orders. Good luck
    I changed to them because they are 30E cheaper than gamestop

NNoooooooooooooo,will just have to make do with the one I ordered I guess :(

It's not gone already? Just my luck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

mystic86 wrote: »

Hmm, I'll still be buying it day one but out of all the reviews Bob Mackey is the one I'd actually trust with an opinion on a RPG. It seems to echo the pacing problems of the gameinformer review. It wasn't jus Bob Mackey with grievances about the game at preview. Jeremy Parish and Kat Bailey who really know their RPGs commented on the pacing issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I'm looking for the limited edition of this (pretty damn late I know). I can only see it listed on amazon and it must be fully booked there now. Any other options anyone knows about?

Edit: This thing is going for about €200 on ebay at the moment from a few people, is that the normal price?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I'm looking for the limited edition of this (pretty damn late I know). I can only see it listed on amazon and it must be fully booked there now. Any other options anyone knows about?

Edit: This thing is going for about €200 on ebay at the moment from a few people, is that the normal price?!

The normal price is about €90. If they're going for €200 I think you can safely assume it's gone from shops.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hmm, I'll still be buying it day one but out of all the reviews Bob Mackey is the one I'd actually trust with an opinion on a RPG. It seems to echo the pacing problems of the gameinformer review. It wasn't jus Bob Mackey with grievances about the game at preview. Jeremy Parish and Kat Bailey who really know their RPGs commented on the pacing issues.

I found that review odd in that he complained about it moving too slowly, then went on to complain about not having to stop playing and "pore" through a book in order to solve puzzles. That would just slow things down even more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

danthefan wrote: »
    I found that review odd in that he complained about it moving too slowly, then went on to complain about not having to stop playing and "pore" through a book in order to solve puzzles. That would just slow things down even more.

He never complaied about stopping to pour through a book. He was mentioning that the DS game came with a book you did have to pour through to do puzzles that acted as a form of piracy protection. He was commenting on the reduncancy of the puzzles since they aren't really puzzles and without the book all you have to do is walk up to the obstacle and select from a menu. It's just redundant game design.

I also know very well that slow paced gameplay can really kill a RPG. Just look at the dreadful Legend of Dragoon for an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Standard edition sold out on amazon, publisher must have underestimated demand

ShaneU wrote: »
    Standard edition sold out on amazon, publisher must have underestimated demand
    That's typical. I was very surprised with The Last Story on the Wii as there were so many copies around for so long. It's much more usual to have trouble finding copies of JRPGs in stores.

God dammit I want this special edition but I don not want to pay €190 :(

• Advertisement

I ordered the regular edition, but seeing people post about how the book is handy, not having to go to the menus kinda makes me wish I'd bought the wizard edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    He never complaied about stopping to pour through a book. He was mentioning that the DS game came with a book you did have to pour through to do puzzles that acted as a form of piracy protection. He was commenting on the reduncancy of the puzzles since they aren't really puzzles and without the book all you have to do is walk up to the obstacle and select from a menu. It's just redundant game design.

I also know very well that slow paced gameplay can really kill a RPG. Just look at the dreadful Legend of Dragoon for an example.

The person you were replying to never said he complained about stopping to pour through a book.

They were suggesting he was hypocritical because he said the pace was too slow but then expressed the opinion that having to pour through the book would have been a positive addition.

mystic86 wrote: »
    They were suggesting he was hypocritical because he said the pace was too slow but then expressed the opinion that having to pour through the book would have been a positive addition.

And as I said he wasn't being hypocriticial because he never said pouring over a book would be a positive addition. As I explained in my previous post and if you read the review he complained that there are hangovers from the DS version that only make sense when you have a book like that and should have been taken out completely. He never said that having a book would be a positive addition and never said it was a positive addition to the DS game either.

The guy knows a lot about pacing in RPGs and recently wrote an article on it:

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9117410

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I think I may have a spare Wizard edition for sale on Friday, guy I know has decided he wants Dead Space 3 instead and is offering me his deposit for it, I have my own paid off since November, did any one see the knitted Mr. Drippy. If I do I will post it on Adverts as soon as I know it is available.

Also as we have been made to wait an extra week for the game there will be a Mr Drippy familiar free to download on launch day from the PSN only in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/24/ni-no-kuni-wizards-edition-oversold-some-orders-being-canceled/
    The special "Wizard's Edition" of Level 5's Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, available exclusively through Namco Bandai's online shop, has been oversold, resulting in a multitude of issues for those that placed orders while the package was supposedly still in stock.

Digital River, the e-commerce middleware provider that powers Namco Bandai's shop, experienced an error in its ordering system that resulted in the Wizard's Edition's erroneous post-sellout availability. As a result, some orders have simply seen shipping delays, while others have seemingly failed to process at all or have been cancelled entirely. The number of non-existent packages sold is unknown.

Hope no-one here is affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I think I may have a spare Wizard edition for sale on Friday, guy I know has decided he wants Dead Space 3 instead and is offering me his deposit for it, I have my own paid off since November, did any one see the knitted Mr. Drippy. If I do I will post it on Adverts as soon as I know it is available.

Also as we have been made to wait an extra week for the game there will be a Mr Drippy familiar free to download on launch day from the PSN only in Europe.
    Would be very interested in that if you go ahead with it, drop me a PM when/if you're putting it on adverts...!

The book came free with the game in Japan. I didn't want the wizards edition, but I do now since it has become so scarce. There is an unboxing video on ign if anyone wants a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jack_gllghr

I'd be very interested in that too, drop me a PM when it's up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just watched this video, there's a few things missing in the EU Wizard's edition compared to the US

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcEGEGpFgRU

There's 5 artwork cards, soundtrack cd and a wizard's coin missing (and the box is better)

• Advertisement

Yeah PMs all round please :D:cool:

Advertisement