Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eReader

Options
  • 06-12-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I need to get a kindle paper-white. However as stocks are limited what other readers are similar if not better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Hard to beat the ordinary Kindle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Thanks for the reply, I need something with back light

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Barnes & Noble do a Nook with backlight that I think is available in Ireland. I don't think any Sony e-readers have a backlight. You can easily buy small lights to clip onto an ordinary Kindle or a cover with the light built in.

If you really need a backlight, buy a tablet like the Google Nexus 7 or the Samsung Galaxy tab. You can put the Kindle app onto it and read away to your heart's content. It may be sore on your eyes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Getting a Kobo Glo myself. That have them in Harvey Norman for about 150. But if you know someone in the UK you can get them for £99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Stokolan wrote: »
    Getting a Kobo Glo myself. That have them in Harvey Norman for about 150. But if you know someone in the UK you can get them for £99

They are €119 in Argos.

• Advertisement
Advertisement